Clean eating and digestive issues

FibroHiker
FibroHiker Posts: 336 Member
I have been clean eating for about 3 weeks (mostly). I haven't give up eggs, coffee, or alcohol yet. I still have coffee and eggs (organic) for breakfast most days. I have cut my alcohol consumption way back.

I cut out: fried foods, vegetable oils, gluten, dairy, refined grains, corn, peanuts, night shades, and refined sugars.

I still consume: avocado oil, raw olive oil, coconut oil, other nuts and almond milk, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup (limited), raw honey (limited), stevia, eggs, coffee, wine, organic chicken, grass fed beef and other responsibly raised meats, lots of fruits and vegetables, beans, steel cut oats, and brown rice. Almost everything I have been eating for the past few weeks has been organic.

I've noticed that my stools have been really loose while I have done this diet. It hasn't gotten to the point where it's making me physically ill, but I thought that characteristic would cease after a while.

Is this fairly normal?

Replies

• GatorUA
    GatorUA Posts: 38 Member
    I get that way when I consume oils. I saute without oil, using broth or water. I use only olive oil and grapeseed oil when I have to, and then in exceedingly limited amounts. Oils and fats go right through me. I consume as little meat as possible, lots of fruits and veggies, I eat organic chicken and some fish, no added refined sugar. I'm wondering if it's just going to take a little bit of time before your body gets used to your eating so much fiber. Although a bit annoying, the opposite (constipation) is worse for your body.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    I find the opposite to be true, all the raw veggies and fiber has me backed up sometimes. I find I need to add some fruit, beer and oils to my diet to get things moving. Perhaps your diet is currently balanced to too much oil, fruit and liquids. If you are loose you can add a raw fiber supplement to tighten it up, not a colon cleanse just raw fiber. Garden of Life Raw Fiber worked for me, when I was suffering from diarrhea, which is no longer the case since I changed my balance to more veggies.