Camping friendly keto food

Options
Hey guys...I'm going camping next week and I'm needing ideas of food to take with me to eat in the car and while camping. We will also be staying at a cabin on the lake with a bunch of family and I will be the only one eating this way. I've gone on Pinterest and gotten a few ideas but thought I would try here as well. Thanks!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    crustless quiche - you can freeze them before you go if you want to help keep them cold

nuts
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    You mention a cabin and driving there, so I assume this is not going to be where you are backpacking and need lightweight and non-refrigerated food for carrying?

Is there a refrigerator / freezer?
    Is there a stove, oven, grill, or do you have a portable device for cooking?

If you have a refrigerator and grill or similar, then why not bring steaks and burgers (cheese optional, but don't put it on a bun) and/or brats? If those are too boring, you could also get chicken and season it various ways before putting on the grill. Or a salmon fillet.
  • bacon_pancakes81
    bacon_pancakes81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We will be tent camping first at a couple different places for about a week so i need stuff I can keep in a cooler and cook on a camp stove. Then we will be going to the cabin but we have to take a boat to get to it so we try to just bring the necessities.
  • cindytoronto
    cindytoronto Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You could make flax seed muffins in advance and eat them with butter. I like cloud bread as hamburger buns. They are pretty delicate so you would have to pack them in a sturdy container but they will keep well in a cooler. I like the idea of still being able to eat what everyone else is eating just a modified version so you don’t feel like you are missing out.

• gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I made some keto friendly "candied" nuts, stuffed mushrooms, tuna salad and egg salad all prepped before our camping trip last weekend.
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Pack a cooler for the road. Even if it’s just a lunch sized one. Cubed cheese, dry salami/pepperoni or babyel cheeses. Cut up some broccoli and cauliflower and pack some healthy dip so you still get veggies in. The awesome part of keto is being able to do a 14 hour road trip and not eat junk at every gas station stop, I find fasting so easy while fully keto.
    For our campsite we usually eat brats/hamburgers/fish/hotdogs and wrap broccoli, cauliflower or asparagus up in foil with butter and cook for dinner. The butter and a battery powered travel frother is good for bulletproof coffees for breakfast (something I normally don’t have but it works awesome to start a day of hiking while on trips)
    I know there a lot of nitrite/nitrate filled meats that I’ve mentioned here but I use trips like this as a time to at least indulge in that and still stay fat adapted. Hope you have fun!!!