Renew Your 2018 Resolutions July Challenge

Options

Replies

• HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Well, I’m gonna put my goal out here in the internet universe. My family is getting pizza tonight. It won’t be gluten free. I will want to take a slice. Gluten is NOT my friend and sometimes, I don’t give a crap and dive right on it. So, I hope my goal is to resist. Half a point, it I eat just the cheese and toppings off but not crust.

I guess we will see😝
    So far it’s 3/7
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Today I worked from home and I DID NOT snack all day or even mindlessly. I made myself a protein shake for dinner - last week I missed weighing in but weighed the two weeks prior. I am going tomorrow and will face the scale so that I can keep myself accountable.

Last week I was a bundle of nerves and didn’t eat great. I got the dreaded phone call that the mammogram I had the week before came back irregular and I needed an ultrasound. I had the ultrasound and fortunately everything is ok!

I haven’t had the greatest week food-wise - I am stressed with my work situation and I have not been super prepared with food.

Going to see how things go tomorrow but even if it’s not good, at least I am addressing it now and working to get back on track. It’s crazy how quickly weight comes back even after surgery!
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    @HappyKat5 WTG on making that a goal!! Hope it went well!

@jcavanna2 Wow! What a rough week! ((hugs)) Glad everything turned out ok! I'm 7 years out from a late stage breast cancer dx so I know how hard that news is to hear. The waiting is just miserable!! WTG on having a plan and sticking to it and for facing weigh-in!

@loveshoe Congrats! You are beautiful and look healthy, toned, chic and sophisticated! Own that new bod of yours! :smile: Way to work on your self-esteem and self-confidence!!

I went out with Mr. F. last night to our little neighborhood Italian place. We watched the baseball game and had a nice visit and I didn't have to cook! Yay me! LOL. I love it because I can stay totally on plan and went into the dinner with a "low" day (calorically and carbs) so I had a bit of wiggle. I had my serving of Caprese Salad and saved part of the veggies to put over a grilled chickie boob--then I stole about an ounce of F's sauteed broccoli and zucchini. I was full, but not stuffed and I stuck to my portion! I feel pretty victorious when I can do stuff like that, cuz eating out BS was pretty much a comfort food cheesy gooey free-for-all. Where you eat until you can't possibly take another bite. I did have a glass of wine, bad bad, but even with the wine, my cals/carbs/etc fell within my daily plans.

This morning I'm up bright and early -- looking forward to our 2 mile walk around the lake in the little town where we live. What a difference a year makes! LOL.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @littlegibbs62 thanks for that and glad you are ok! I faced the music at the scale today and was up 0.6 lbs - could have been way worse but I think that trying to get myself back on track even though I didn’t make it to the gym this week helped. We go out of town on Thursday and come back Monday, so going to try to drink as much water as I can and keep my food in check to the best of my ability. Going to my moms so we will cook most days and I plan to pack a cooler bag for snacks on the road - it’s 6 hours or so to Jacksonville and we stay overnight and finish the trip to my moms the next day after seeing a friend who moved down there. Going to keep myself accountable
  • HappyKat5
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @loveshoe

What the Hell! Work the hell out of those red pants!!! What?!!! You look beautiful!

To all of those that are doing this challenge...we are doing this thing! I like the accountability. I realize it’s not just me! We all have our own personal struggles. What one person thinks is simple, isn't for another person.
    Kudos to us all!!
    Yup!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thanks HappyKat. You are right what seems simple for one person is difficult for another person. For me yesterday it was avoiding bread. My daughter brought home Hawaiian Rolls. She knows bread is in my top 10 of foods I can't resist. However, somehow my two dogs got ahold of the rolls. I don't know how but they ate every last one of them. Thankful the dogs saved me from myself. Partners in crime. ll65bxy7iquz.jpeg
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    Not The Hawaiian Rolls!!! Damn Her! They’re so soft...

I would eat those beautiful puppies any day! Gorgoeous!
    Man, the one in the left. That face! Priceless!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    I have been baking yesterday and for the next couple of days - bringing stuff to my mom and good friend. Proud to say that I had 2 cookies, homemade rainbow cookies which are not something that is a super easy recipe since there are several steps. Unlike the past where I would gorge on them 1 or 2 was enough.

My daughter wouldn’t let me leave this morning to see my trainer but am limiting my calories to offset the lack of exercise today
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ok! I am in and I SO NEED this!

My goal is to keep moving everyday! Making sure I get that 10,000 steps in the form of exercise and ....

to stop grazing.... I find myself grazing and it needs to stop ... or the weight creeps back.... so I am back to eating small meals - while sitting down - and going back to the basics!

I also want to start yoga. I need to make this a priority!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I had a few days off from work last week and I fell off with my checking in but I am back! It's been hot as balls in L.A. the last few days, hotter than normal, and it sucked the life out of me. I live in an area closer to the coast and most places around here don't have AC because truthfully it isn't necessary except for maybe two weeks out of the year. So between the heat and the hot flashes I was a hot mess! This morning though I had had enough of being a slug and got up for my workout even though I tried to talk myself into just staying in bed under the fan and I feel SO much better that I did that! Yesterday I baked Butterfinger blondies to bring for my coworker today and yes I did eat one, which makes me even more happy that I moved my butt at the gym this morning. I am also attending a lunch for a coworker who is leaving for Mexico to get married, but we all pre-ordered our lunches so thankfully there will be fewer tempations and less decision anxiety!
  • loveshoe
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    we all pre-ordered our lunches so thankfully there will be fewer tempations and less decision anxiety!
    Garber6th, you are spot on with the decision anxiety when it comes to ordering food. I know what I should order but I find myself looking at other diners to see what looks good rather than looking to see what's healthy. I used to be great at looking at the restaurant online and writing down my order on a post-it note and telling the wait person I didn't need a menu. I have to find that girl again.

• loveshoe
    Options
    Yesterday I went to Sam's Club and stuck to my list. I walked out with paper towels and salmon. I didn't try any of the samples or pick up any snack items. Generally, when I go to Sam's I come out with something I don't need but in a moment of insanity I picked up anyway.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I had an extra bag of Butterfinger bits that I bought for baking my coworker's treats. I had a feeling if I didn't get them out of the house I would have a weak moment and rip the bag open and eat some, so to avoid temptation I brought them in to work and gave them to a coworker who likes to bake. Then I realized I have been baking a lot lately, not for myself, but I always have to sample what I make for others, so I have put a moratorium on baking until the holidays.
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    I’ve been MIA...You know the saying Murphy’s Law...anything that can go wrong...that’s been my my last few days but I’m keeping it together or at least I’m trying to. Tonight I’m going to a great sushi restaurant with some friends just to blow off some steam and I can’t be a bad thing right? I hope everyone has a great Tuesday and I hope to be back on track by tomorrow :)
  • littlegibbs62
    Options
    Hi everyone. Tough week here with work coupled by a stretch of hungry hungry heffer days. I've been golden so far, even though I'm taking in more calories, at least they are protein based. So weird when I get like this.

I've been keeping on track with my walking, but not doing any PT exercises. I really need to make that a goal for tomorrow--resume my M-W-F schedule for PT stuff in addition to the walking.

Hugs to all and it really sounds like you guys are workin' it!!!! Keep going!
  • loveshoe
    Options
    Today I ate 1/4 of a brownie rather than the entire brownie. That's a plus for me. I actually left the remainder in Starbucks rather than bringing it home for a leftover.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Late to the party but I am going to join....been on a weight loss yoyo for a few months now. I still need to lose at least 40lbs but happy I am even where I am, just hate the slow down. I joined a gym over a week ago and have gone every day. Still not really losing yet but super happy I am on the right path. Going every am at 530am to workout for 60 minutes. This is a massive change for me at 57 I have not done much in the exercise arena....
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    Awesome @DawnCumm :) You’ll soon get in a routine and maybe even enjoy it ;)

Happy hugs to everyone that is having a rough week. We can do this!
  • littlegibbs62
    Options
    Ugh, PT exercises today! Today I'm starting! LOL. I'll get it right one day, yeah?

Gosh so happy with the scale this morning. I broke out of the 170s in 24days (normal/ave for me) and am in the 160s as of this morning. First time in about 18-19 years. Yeeehaw!!

Planning to go for a long walk at the nature preserve tonight rather than going out to eat. Then will make a beautiful halibut meal with some fish given to us by a friend. Good life.

Hope you have an awesome day. TGIthefrickF!!!!!