Food 'n' Fiber

Options
dramacat21
dramacat21 Posts: 14 Member
Does anyone have higher fiber food items you are enjoying either as part of meals or snacks?

Replies

• wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I get mine from a green supplement. I also love my veggies for fiber.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just trying to eat greens at every meal.
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I try not to snack, but for fiber during meals it's usually avocados and greens (most often spinach) since most other fiber sources are not Keto friendly. If you are sticking to Keto, your body produces less waste so you don't need as much fiber as is usually recommended (from what I have read)
  • dramacat21
    dramacat21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm just over 1 month in with Keto. No real "issues" except for my potassium levels and fiber levels being lower than daily recommended value. Love avocados and salads... also just added Cacao Nibs which have so much fiber there is only 1 carb left in a serving. The nibs are... well, different... but I'm committed.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    dramacat21 wrote: »
    Thank you all. I'm just over 1 month in with Keto. No real "issues" except for my potassium levels and fiber levels being lower than daily recommended value. Love avocados and salads... also just added Cacao Nibs which have so much fiber there is only 1 carb left in a serving. The nibs are... well, different... but I'm committed.

You are likely getting more potassium than you think (unless you are speaking of specific medical test results). In the USA, potassium was not a requirement on food nutrient labels so most entries do not have potassium listed. The gov't did enact a regulation that all food mfg with sales over $XX million were to include potassium on the labels by July of 2018. Manufacturers started to roll into new labeling to meet the July deadline then the US gov't backed off on the date and no new date has been established.