Get Dat Rear in Gear July, Week 2: (7/8-7/14)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Repeat of the challenge blurb. :smile:
baconslave wrote: »
This month's challenge is brought to us by a brilliant idea from @Cadori

It's not summer for some of us. It's winter in the southern part of the globe. Whatever the season, the month of July is as good a month as any to endeavor to challenge ourselves to stretch our goals, to push ourselves a little farther or harder, because we know, if we want to, we can do anything.

Some of us have been plugging along and maybe have slowed down their effort a little. Some of us have paused to blink and noticed "Dang! 6 months are gone already, and I'm still spinning my wheels not getting it done. :weary: "
No problem. It's Get Dat Rear in Gear July. Off yer duff, me hearties! It's go time.

63tlqnl38zwz.jpg

Whether it be revamping our on-going plan or finally spurring ourselves to get off our rear and start, let's challenge ourselves to improve our efforts. As long as it represents an improvement for you and your health/fitness, your goal is perfect for this month. Buckle down on plan basics? Push a little harder in workouts? Branch out and try a new kind of exercise? Stepping up lagging NEAT? Or just plain BEGIN? It's all fair game.

I've posted a few days early, as I'll be gone over the 1st of the month, feel free at anytime to go ahead and post your goals on this thread. As always, I'll have links to each week's thread in the sticky post at the top of the Group should things get nuts, and it get knocked off the front page.

Get dat rear in gear, y'all, and see how far you can go! I think you'll surprise yourself. :wink:

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    July 8 update
    1. Exercise at least 30 mins at least 3x/wk: :):):)
    2. Strength at least 10 mins 2x/wk: :) 2/2 complete!
    3. Weigh in at least once a week: Yep! 5x!
    4. Log food or at least carbs at least 5 days/week. Done!
    5. Go to bed by 11 on weeknights. (Sleep is so important for health and I really struggle with staying up too late!) 0 on this one.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

1. Increase NEAT :smiley:
    2. Gym 20 times 5/20 :smiley:
    3. Macros in range :smile:
    4. Calories in range :smiley:
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    Kinda posting twice in one day but that’s because I’m on nights so I’ve had my (albeit very limited) sleep in between posts

1. Increase NEAT - did some housework before coming to gym - yesterday walked doggo - work is intermittently active but really hard to control or judge its entirely dependent on types of jobs we end up at :smiley:
    2. Gym 20 times 6/20 :smiley:
    3. Macros in range :smile:
    4. Calories in range I seem to be getting much less bang for my buck today - prawns yesterday is lots of protein for low cals - will keep up lots of seafood I think :smiley:

Hope everyone is having a fab week!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Lots of neat since Friday, some walking yesterday and kayaking today. Also had 3 days of unintentional IF. Had surprising success in the scale. Haven't gotten out for a morning walk yet but tomorrow is the day. Will walk around the block while my coffee is brewing :)
  • macchiatto
    Options
    1. Exercise at least 30 mins at least 3x/wk: Not yet this week.
    2. Strength at least 10 mins 2x/wk: Not yet this week.
    3. Weigh in at least once a week: Not yet this week.
    5. Go to bed by 11 on weeknights. (Sleep is so important for health and I really struggle with staying up too late!) I'm adjusting this to 11:30. Will do tonight!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Got in another good run this morning and a dog walk. Last day of vacation so I ate more than intended and the scale is showing it. This week’s focus will be on watching calories in, drinking more water and keeping neat up. Macros have been good but I’m just eating way more than I need. Even with lots of protein I have still felt like I’ve had a tapeworm!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    7/9
    20 Minutes Elliptical HIIT 1:4
    RDL 1x5 @ 70, 1x5 @ 100
    Squats 5x5 @ 30
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    1. Increase NEAT :smiley:
    2. Gym 20 times 7/20 :smiley:
    3. Macros in range :smiley:
  • macchiatto
    Options
    1. Exercise at least 30 mins at least 3x/wk: :)
    2. Strength at least 10 mins 2x/wk: Not yet this week.
    3. Weigh in at least once a week: :) Done today. i was mysteriously up like 2.5 lbs. :/ Stomach has been off today.
    5. Go to bed by 11 on weeknights. (Sleep is so important for health and I really struggle with staying up too late!) I'm adjusting this to 11:30.
  • Cadori
    Options
    OK, so getting up at 3:50 sucks, BUT it's only 10 minutes earlier and I get more energy from my workout than from those 10 minutes of sleep.

7/10
    Pushups - 3x8
    Inverted Rows - 3x8
    I had a little more time so I added in a couple sets of lateral raises @ 10 pounds and tricep dips.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    OK, so getting up at 3:50 sucks, BUT it's only 10 minutes earlier and I get more energy from my workout than from those 10 minutes of sleep.

7/10
    Pushups - 3x8
    Inverted Rows - 3x8
    I had a little more time so I added in a couple sets of lateral raises @ 10 pounds and tricep dips.

oooooo. Hardcore! :triumph:
  • Cadori
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Cadori wrote: »

7/10
    Pushups - 3x8
    Inverted Rows - 3x8

oooooo. Hardcore! :triumph:

And then I go to bed at 8...like my kids! :lol:
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    1. Increase NEAT :smiley: - got my Bella leaf today so can track this properly now!!
    2. Gym 20 times 7/20 :smiley: no gym today - meditated and put on a face mask instead as it’s one of my few days off
    3. Macros in range :neutral: not enough protein today but no work out so still ok :)
  • acurlynurse
    acurlynurse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What is NEAT?
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    Non exercise activity thermogenesis- or simply moving more in day to day life (as opposed to structured exercise)
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    1. Still logging/weighing foods every day
    2. Recruited another fitness friend to assist with accurate measurements.
    3. Have my photos
    4. I have a few new recipes to explore this weekend-
    5. Resumed exercise
  • Cadori
    Options
    7/11
    OHP - 5x5 @ 40
    Pulldown - 5x5 @ 85

• 23rochelle23
    Options
    1. Increase NEAT :o:smiley: - so wearing my leaf today... turns out my phone WAY under calculates (as in... I always leave it lying around so it can’t count lol)... 15199 steps today (outside of my active gym time of 45minutes). And while it wasn’t a lazy day it certainly wasn’t unusual...
    2. Gym 20 times 8/20 :smiley: good workout today
    3. Macros in range :smiley:
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    The week is going well so far- started a new strength program plus getting in 30 minute runs in the afternoons. Eating has improved since going back to work this week too. I’m trying to drink more water and not so much coffee but my electrolytes must be a bit out of whack because I’m getting lightheaded- time to up the sodium.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Big fail so far this week. I'm so focused on planning our weekend camping that everything else has fallen by the wayside. Upside will be all the activity I'll be doing 13th-15th. Biking in the mornings and kayaking in the afternoons & evenings. There are hiking trails too but I'll have to keep an eye on the humidity level. Food is still on target for me, that's been almost routine but I still log to prevent backslides. Some body recomping must be going on as I'm noticing the waist of some clothes fitter better.
    Need to take measurements again soon.
This discussion has been closed.