Liquid Diet

Options
rll22
rll22 Posts: 39 Member
edited July 2018 in Social Groups
So I am almost done with one week of my pre-op liquid diet!!! Yeah I’m not going to lie it’s been hard especially since there is food in the house that I can’t have (since my spouse doesn’t have surgery until 3 weeks after mine.) I would kill for some cottage cheese right now!!! But still I am surprised that it hasn’t been as hard as I thought it would be, don’t get me wrong it’s been hard but not as hard as I imagined in my head!!! Before I started the liquid diet I was having two shakes a day and one meal and I couldn’t wait to have that one small meal, so I thought all liquid how was I going to do it?!! I have my final weigh in with my surgeon on Tuesday and then surgery in a week after that!!! I am excited to see how much more comes off me in the next week and in the coming months! Since at my highest a little over a year ago, I’m right at 45 pounds lost!!!

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    You got this!! Great job!
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You have totally got this!!!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    rll22, how is it going? I'm not sure if yogurt is on your liquid diet or not but if it is then you can blend cottage cheese into the consistency of yogurt and add it to a smoothie.
  • rll22
    rll22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    loveshoe wrote: »
    rll22, how is it going? I'm not sure if yogurt is on your liquid diet or not but if it is then you can blend cottage cheese into the consistency of yogurt and add it to a smoothie.

I have just a few days left before surgery (5 days!!! 😳) but I can only have sf crystal light, sf jello, Gatorade zero, decaf tea & coffee and protein shakes so that sounds wonderful, but I can’t have yogurt or cottage cheese. 😕 it’s silly how much I miss actual good food now, it’s not even the junk food I’m craving!!! A nice cucumber tomato salad and some cottage cheese! Yum! oh well I now will appreciate the healthy food as soon as I’m able to eat some!!! Ready for surgery!!!
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I begin tomorrow my 2 week diet liquids with jello sf pudding and Greek yougurt. Yea!!!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    It’s amazing how different the liquid diets are from surgeons to surgeon!!! Hope everything goes well clsumrall1
  • clsumrall1
    Options
    On day three down 3 pounds since Tuesday did have 3 slices of cucumber today with my low sodium v8 juice. Doing ok though. How is everyone?
  • clsumrall1
    Options
    Down 9 pounds and 2 days left to go. I’m hoping for an even 10. Yea. How’s everyone doing on their liquid diet. I must confess I had 3 celery stalks and 1/2 cup of watermelon yesterday. I needed the crunch of the celery bad
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have 2 more days on my liquid pre op diet for surgery. I am allowed yogurt, 1 clear protein shake (no milk) per day, chicken broth, sugar free jello and sugar free popcicles. My hunger isn't so bad but my head hunger is terrible. I just want to chew something. almost at the finish line.
  • clsumrall1
    Options
    You have done better than I good luck
  • clsumrall1
    Options
    I have 2 more days on my liquid pre op diet for surgery. I am allowed yogurt, 1 clear protein shake (no milk) per day, chicken broth, sugar free jello and sugar free popcicles. My hunger isn't so bad but my head hunger is terrible. I just want to chew something. almost at the finish line.
    Was thinking of you and how are you doing post surgery. I’m 9 days out and here are my stats
    HW 257
    SW 229
    1day after SW 236
    CW 223.4
    Doing good with Protein and water but need up my walking work in progress:)
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well, also 9 days out from surgery and feeling a little better everyday. The weight has finally started moving in the down direction. I go back to work (office sit down job) on monday.
    HW 199
    SW 193
    after surgery 196
    CW 189
    GW between 130-150?

I'm able to get my protein and at least 60 oz of liquid most days, I love playing pokemon go so that's been my inspiration to walk (to also play the game on my phone)

I'm very ready for the full liquid phase. Tired of clear protein drinks and ready for some yogurt and soup.
  • clsumrall1
    Options
    I was upgraded to adding cottage cheese and ricotta egg and rotisserie chicken 3 ounces. So much food compare to 1 week ago