JULY 2018 Gratitude and Chatting

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
Sorry I was late getting the threads up. While my life is fine, my family members have some serious issues going on, and I did get distracted by them.

I am grateful I reached my 69th birthday yesterday and I am still under my goal weight, enjoying my WOE, and have met some great people along the way.

I hope everyone has planned well for the USA holiday tomorrow, Independence Day. My state is so dry and already has several large fires burning, it will be interesting to see how many townships cancel their fireworks. So far, my town's is still on, so we will get to enjoy them.

Have a happy and safe holiday. Oh and for all the Canadians hope your Canada Day was a grand one.

Replies

• Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for a supportive and loving husband and for relatively good health. Not so grateful for 90+ degree temperatures. B)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Boomerof51, I feel the same way.

I am grateful that MFP got me jumpstarted and pointed in the direction of LCHF/keto eating. That has worked out extremely well for me.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    What I am grateful for tonight is the rescue of the 12 boys and their coach from that cave in Indonesia. I was amazed to read that, "Each arduous round-trip extraction took between nine and 11 hours." What dedication, what an accomplishment. And to think one of the pumps failed and the cave was flooded just as they were finishing up... not a moment too soon did the rescuers complete this and exit the cave. Whew!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful I was able to get my driver's license renewed. Mandatory eye exams for everyone over 65 in our state. I have a nasty scratched are in my center field of vision. I do have an appt. to get an exam and new glasses but that isn't till Sept. and my license exprires this month due to my birthdate.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Finished up Zornfast on Sunday. Then decided to try the ADF protocol. So Tues and Thurs. this week I fasted the other days, ate what I wanted one day via 2 meals the other via 3. So far the Zornfast weight has not come back. Usually you regain about half of what you lose because when you start eating again you are filling up your digestive track and your muscles are grabbing the glycogen and storing it.

I am liking these results.