feeling my fat burn?

Options
DarthWaderMT
DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
Has anyone experienced feeling their fat burn? I might have today. I am 20 hours into a 24 hour fast, and went kayak fishing, my favorite spot is way on the other end of the lake. after fishing awhile, I paddled hard back to the landing. when I loaded up my gear, I noticed a warm sensation around my abdomen. It was a pleasant feeling actually. I have been burning fat for a few months now, at the rate of around a quarter inch loss around my middle per week. Is there something to this, or is it my imagination running wild?

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have that feeling as well. In the past, it almost assures a positive result.

Since you keto, going to have a warmer feeling overall at times.
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options

I have not noticed that, though I am not officially Keto, more low carb with higher protein. I swapped the added fats for vegetables, since I want to use the best most energizing fat source there is, human fat from my belly! :) I am pretty sure I am utilizing ketones though, since my fat is steadily going down and my energy is up. I will probably never check my levels as long as things are going good.
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    Update: I have learned from another forum that kayaking can give your core a good workout, so that is what it was I bet, and that is a good thing :)
  • zoopis94
    zoopis94 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I tend to get this feeling at night during my workout. Feels good and only happens when I am losing weight!
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options

I have not noticed that, though I am not officially Keto, more low carb with higher protein. I swapped the added fats for vegetables, since I want to use the best most energizing fat source there is, human fat from my belly! :) I am pretty sure I am utilizing ketones though, since my fat is steadily going down and my energy is up. I will probably never check my levels as long as things are going good.

Right, it's the "hot" term for this period of time. Don't count macros so much, just know which types of food work for me overall.

Interesting thought process on fat intake, could be easy to go overboard and negate body fat loss. I prefer a chicken leg to a breast, for instance. However, salads/veggies take up most of my food bulk.

• catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    OH YE KNOW THAT FEELING!
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    Yeah, I don't avoid fat in my Foods, I prefer dark meat, or the fattest cuts of beef. I just don't add a lot of extra fat, a little olive oil on salads, some butter with the veggies.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    Yeah, I don't avoid fat in my Foods, I prefer dark meat, or the fattest cuts of beef. I just don't add a lot of extra fat, a little olive oil on salads, some butter with the veggies.

Indeed. Your meat preferences take care of immediate dietary fat needs. Cell membranes, our brains and hormones needs that fat!

I do love Greek salad dressing, those spices and the olive oil!

Hey, your methodology is working, all that matters.