Anyone in the group trying primal or carnivore

Options
onefootfoward
onefootfoward Posts: 35 Member
I'm three days in adjusting better than I thought. Anyone else?

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Which one? Primal or carnivore? We have a small but fairly dedicated carnivore group around here, with me being the biggest anti-plant bigot.

Edit: I just reset my MFP counter, because that tells me how long it's been. It actually counts from when I started keto, but I went carnivore the July after. So, I have been a carnivore for over 4 years now! Long time.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm toying with the idea of trying carnivore for a bit.
    FIT_Goat, you're so inspiring!
  • rich41n
    rich41n Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Seemingly self explanatory but does primal or carnivore mean you only eat meat.....and that's all? No carbs, no veggies, etc??
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what primal encompasses, but carnivore is exactly what it sounds like - meat, eggs and sometimes cheese with no plants.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    rich41n wrote: »
    Seemingly self explanatory but does primal or carnivore mean you only eat meat.....and that's all? No carbs, no veggies, etc??

Zerocarb (often called carnivore) does not allow plants as food. We eat only from the animal kingdom. No vegetables, no fruit, no sweet things, no supplements, no fiber, etc. Some of us will eat high-fat (low-carb) dairy, like cheese, and eggs. But, yeah meat is our food.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Primal is like Paleo, unprocessed meat and plants, but they do not restrict dairy or plant foods that supposedly have bad effects like legumes, veggies in the nightshade family, and etc.

Carnivore is just meat and/or animal products, but no plants.
  • rich41n
    rich41n Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wow, that is some serious dedication!