Memory problems

Options
issypops
issypops Posts: 212 Member
Hi, not posted on her for a couple of years, mainly because menopause has been the best thing that happened to me for along while. I have been sailing along enjoying the calm my life has become without a hormonal cycle, but over the last few months I have really noticed problems with my memory, forgotten conversations, turning up the wrong day for meetings, petrol in my Diesel engine (ouch an expensive laps), forgetting names, searching for words and the scariest of all forgetting how to switch the vacuum on! Anyone else had similar experiences or got any suggestions, does this pass or is this going to be the new me?

Replies

• slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I also have been rather forgetful in things too, think it’s to do with all the hormones, definitely they say memory loss can be part of menopause, hopefully only temporary but you do tend to do silly things as you get older too!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Consuming more healthy fats might help with memory issues assuming they are caused or aggravated by a lack of fat in the diet.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a bit more forgetful and absent minded. I'm taking a vitamin for brain health and I googled brain foods and have been incorporating them in my diet. It seems to be helping.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm trying to focus on healthy fats and now doing a bit of Vitamin D supplementation.
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I think I just about tick all of them, but its reassuring that I'm doing the right things... I was talking to a colleague about it and she said it sounded like I'd got a dose of baby brain, lets hope it doesn't last longer than 9 months!