B: 2
    DBF: 7
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 10
    Binge: 3
    DBF: 0

Always difficult traveling to a new city, in Memphis, TN. Can't say these were major BINGES just an item I want to learn better how to deal with on the road. @navadaden thank you for the book suggestion. Once I speed through some of the biographic aspects in the beggining I do believe like the author this is a voice some of us have power over. But in saying that I do get the psychological aspects of BED that do effect others much differently than me. By the way your doing great stay with it.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    July 10 - July 31
    Me: 3
    B: 0
    DBF: 3
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    July 15

Me: 13
    DBF: 9
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 12
    DBF: 2
  • brittdee88
    Options
    July 10 - July 31
    Me: 5
    B: 0
    DBF: 5
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 13
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    July 16

Me: 14
    DBF: 10
  • brittdee88
    Options
    July 10 - July 31
    Me: 5
    B: 1

I found myself back to my old ways of scouring the internet at 2 AM to find some diet that would work to cure me of something I can't fix with food restriction (ie. loneliness, depression, body hate, etc), and that unsurprisngly ended in a binge yesterday. Looks like I will need to put weight loss on hold for a while and focus again on self-care while I am unable to access counseling services. At this point, I just want to get my DBF streak back. I guess I thought that with enough time, I wouldn't have to keep working at my relationship with food (I somehow thought I was exempt from what I've been taught), but it's clear that this will be the lifelong battle I was always told it would be even after so many months without a binge. I am refocusing my efforts on improving my relationship with food from now on.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sending all the hugs. If you feel that this counseling is on the mental health side, there are online counselor type things?

NEDA is the National Eating Disorder Association

NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness

Those are both online and have resources to help you get access to services.

Sending even more and more and more hugs...(HUGS)
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    July 17

Me: 15
    DBF: 11

You’ve done so amazingly well, @brittdee88. You were and are an inspiration. Thinking of you.
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 14
    DBF: 4

@brittdee88 It sounds like your on the right path to getting back. I've learned a lot about the BINGE lately from you guys. Thanks for all your sharing of the battle. @knitormiss I ran across NEDA this week. Any links/articles there that you have found valuable that you can share?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @hillmike56 I don't have any specific references at hand, and I'm out of pocket the next couple weeks...but I'll check back once I'm near a computer again!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss thank you so much for sharing! I am definitely going to look into those as a fill-in until I am back home.
    @Nevadaden @hillmike56 thank you both so much. This community has really helped me, even when I feel like hiding in a corner.

July 10 - July 31
    Me: 6
    DBF: 1
  • hillmike56
    Options
    DBF: 5

• hillmike56
    Options
    Binge: 4
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Friday July 20
    DBF: 2
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did not keep track the last few days. Committed to starting over for good today!!!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    July 10 - July 31
    Me: 8