34 and going downhill

Options
tiffylueg84
tiffylueg84 Posts: 7 Member
Feel like I am falling apart since I turned 30. Several medical issues over the past 4 years. Looking for new friends to motivate and support me. Need to lose about 60 lbs total but doctor wants me to lose at least 15 before I try for child #2

Replies

• RooRow
    RooRow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffy, I'm 34 also and feel the same way. I'm hoping that getting back to my super healthy weight will mitigate some of my issues but I've also noticed that losing weight is SO MUCH harder than it was in my 20s. Feel free to friend me, I'm trying to build a support group. We can do this.
  • Fat2FitMom19
    Fat2FitMom19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My Dr said I need to lose 60lbs as well due to health issues. I'm 34. If you would like to add me feel free.
  • Emily_Carys
    Emily_Carys Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffy, I'm also 34 and like you when I turned 30 I gained some medical issues which resulted in me having to have my thyroid out. I've had ups and downs and and am now officially at the heaviest weight I have ever been and need to lose around 80 lbs.
  • FranquieAS
    FranquieAS Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Tiffany, I feel the same way. I’ve put on 40 pounds in the last ten years and feel like crap. I’m trying to lose another 28 pounds to get back down to my goal weight. My husband and I are trying for kid #1. Hasn’t happened yet and not sure if it’s because of the extra weight or what. If anyone wants to friend me, feel free. Trying to build my support group. 😊
  • Teamleslie
    Teamleslie Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Im also 34. Im single and childess so I have dont have a many excuses to not be super fit. I feel tired all the time. Im hoping I can get back on the wagon.
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Teamleslie wrote: »
    Im also 34. Im single and childess so I have dont have a many excuses to not be super fit. I feel tired all the time. Im hoping I can get back on the wagon.

Have you considered having your thyroid tested if you feel tired all the time? One of the things that has fallen apart with me since turning 30 is my thyroid and getting the energy to do anything felt almost impossible for a while.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I feel the same struggle some of you have. I'm 34 and sometimes feel like I'm 100! I feel like this is a time when I should have a lot of energy and be kind of at the top of my game but a lot of times all I really want to do is take a nap. :D