Replies

• Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    July 20

Me: 17
    B: 3
    DBF: 0

I had a decent streak going, but it ended last night. Combination of work stress, plenty of tempting (and even not so tempting) foods around, and having the house to myself. In other words, motive, means, and opportunity, which is the perfect trigger combination for me.

I’m disappointed, particularly since I was feeling so much better, but I’m back at it today.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, @Nevadaden. That is also the perfect binge set-up for me, too. I think it's good that you can at least acknowledge those scenarios where you might struggle so you can try to find ways of avoiding them. I know that I have to physically remove myself from those spaces when I am of the right mind to do so. I tend to try to go out dancing because I love to dance and the food at bars is usually not appealing (and is always overpriced!). Once I am around good music, I can go all night without even thinking about food. The hardest part is always forcing myself out of the door when everything in me is fighting to get to the pantry or order takeout. Once I can get out of the danger zone, though, it's always successful for me. Maybe you can think of your own exit strategy.

July 10 - July 31
    Me: 9
    B: 1
    DBF: 4
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    Binge: 5
    DBF: 1

It was work stress for me this week as well with a two night BINGE. But got back to sanity on Saturday. I would be at perfect maintenance mode if I were at that range I wanted to be. @brittdee88 I like that way you avoid the trigger. I'd like to use that method to but my wife laughs too much when I get on the dance floor. Lets all work hard this week and finish the month out strong.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    Thanks, @brittdee88. One can only do so much when it comes to work stress, but it is possible to make other changes to avoid the perfect storm. Today I was a little discouraged still, having felt I went backward, but I rode my bike for a couple of hours and feel better. Hope you are doing well, also.

@hillmike56, I'm in for another try to finish the month strong!

July 21

Me: 18
    The B: 3
  • hillmike56
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Me: 17
    DBF: 2

I would love to make it an entire week without a BINGE. No how about 9 days till August 1st. Been struggling to define for myself what I consider a BINGE to be. And in that awareness I believe the number 5 for this month is spot on correct for this new awareness. This would be a great mark to set for August of less than 5 and which would also take some of the pressure off of my fear of success that has also been an issue plaguing me in July.
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Me: 0
    Binge: 1

Today was supposed to be the first day "back in it" after taking a two week no logging break in which I overate pretty much every single day. But then I decided to bake. When I was alone in the house. Such a bad idea!

It's only failure if I give up.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @nevadaden I bet that bike ride felt amazing! Good for you!
    @hillmike56 haha! I love to dance, and I don't care if I look crazy. I think it's just finding something you absolutely love and indulging in that. I feel like it somehow triggers that same part of your brain to do something you love (besides eating, because I definitely love that, too). Fighting the ED brain can be a real challenge, and that is the only thing that works for me.
    @Hungry_Shopgirl I love that last line!

July 10 - July 31
    Me: 11
    DBF: 6
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Me: 23
    B: 0
    DBF: 23

Things are getting a bit stale diet wise (same food, different day). Making some minor tweaks, nothing drastic
  • Sunshine0000000
    Sunshine0000000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hope I can start this tomorrow! What does DBF mean?
  • Keto_Vampire
    Options
    I hope I can start this tomorrow! What does DBF mean?

DBF = Days Binge Free
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 18
    DBF: 3
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    July 23

Me: 19
    The B: 4
  • brittdee88
    Options
    July 10 - July 31
    Me: 12
    DBF: 7
  • Keto_Vampire
    Options
    Me: 23
    DBF: Zero

Jinxed myself & went over by ~1,000kcal with a mostly liquid diet. No big deal; could have been way worse had I been less wise about food choices
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    Binge: 2

Yesterday I was away from home all day, which was great. Came home and sat down with a bag of chocolates, basically ready to down the whole thing. I got one out and my hubs took the bag and put it back in the fridge asking: "Would you like me to help?" Younger me would have gotten offended.

I said "Yes please". And that's 1 DBF under my belt.

Thankful for all the help I can get.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    July 24

Me: 20
    The B: 4

• hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 19
    DBF: 4

@Hungry_Shopgirl good story, good support. @Keto_Vampire not sure what your liquid diet was of but I had that issue at time. Sounds like your motivate to restart a new day.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Options
    Me: 24
    DBF: one

Too much PB2 & Cottage cheese.
    Probably going to change prepackage (salted/seasoned) to a combo of fish & pre-weighed fresh chicken/turkey. Eventually plan on changing diet completely macro-wise when fall hits
  • brittdee88
    Options
    July 10 - July 31
    Me: 13
    DBF: 8
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 20
    DBF: 5

The difficult part of my week begins as far as BINGING is concerned.