FAST Paleo Meals

Options
carrieann8
carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
Hi, all! I'm a teacher and I have been doing wonderful with Paleo this summer while PD and meetings only take up some of my time. But twice I've fallen off the Paleo wagon when the school year starts and I start having 12 to 14 to hour days at least twice a week. Im in desprate need of some FAST Paleo recipes! Throw me some of your favorites please!

Replies

• HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    A slow cooker is a lifesaver for me. I’ll put a big roast in on Sunday get 2 dinners for my family of 4 and an easy cold lunch for me out of it. My friend gets 3 slow cookers going on the weekends for the week’s meals - she has 4 kids and 2 parttime jobs.
    An Instant Pot might be the way to go now!
    Anything that can be pre-made when you don’t have a 14 hour workday is helpful. Even forming burgers, making a meatloaf, things like that. For me, the biggest Way Of Eating derailer is allowing non-confirming food into the house or giving in to temptation outside the house. Then I have to take some deep breaths and decide which means more to me: indulging for that taste or declining for my health.
    Scrambled eggs are probably my favorite go to when I have no time to make a real dinner - and the Eggs Are Only For Breakfast Police have yet to stop me!
  • carrieann8
    carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do LOVE my slow cooker! I haven't gotten an Instant Pot yet, but I do also have a separate pressure cooker. Love the thoughts of forming meatloaf and burgers ahead! Also, totally with you on breakfast for dinner!! :) Just for my own addition to what I hope will be a good conversation here, I found Bubba Burgers and 100% grass fed frozen patties at Aldi yesterday for $9.99 for 6 burgers. Both have only one ingredient - beef! And both can be cooked from frozen so perfect start to an emergency Paleo meal. I'm also trying to learn to freeze things from when I make a soup or a casserole. (Yes, Paleo casserole. I have a few pinned!)
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I raise grass fed beef!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    stir fry with meat and veggies. Fast and delish.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I work full time and barely have time to breath during the week after getting home, going to the gym, walking the dog, showering and catching up on whatever needs to be caught up on .

I have found that if I prep all my food on the weekend I do better during the week. I use my instant pot. I usually make a whole chicken that can be shredded or used for tons of recipes. I use the bones for bone broth, so I always have that on hand. Sometimes I make a corned beef or roast beef, and then I have it ready for the week.

I also make tons of hard boiled eggs and can eat those for snacks/breakfast, and I prep all my vegetables (cucumbers, carrots, etc.).

Planning and prepping are the most important to me I think.

I use my instant pot for everything (I am definitely a convert). During the week, if I haven't prepped anything, I can make curries in 10 minutes or can make chicken soup while I am at the gym.