Back up sizes

Options
Cora0477
Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
edited July 2018 in Social Groups
Even though I’ve only dropped about 10lbs, it has resulted in dropping 2 sizes. The clothes I wanted to lose weight to fit back into are now too big. They weren’t ‘large’ clothes to start with, and I had a pretty nice collection too, so now I’m trying to figure out what to do with them. When there’s only a 5lb difference between the sizes on the lower end of the scale, do you keep any back up sizes? I don’t want to grow back into them, but I feel like one over-indulgedent Thanksgiving meal might make me outgrow my new size and make me regret getting rid of these nice ones. Anyone else feeling like this?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I personally keep clothes in a variety of sizes. Because I run bulk(gaining) cycles, also if we want another baby I need to prepare for the size changes that come with that.

For some people having larger clothes can become a problem and a recipe for easing up and gaining weight back. It's up to you how you feel and if you think you will need them.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I just donated a bunch of clothes (mostly pants & jeans) before I moved, and now I regret doing that cuz I’m pregnant & have no pants to wear lol. Even if that’s not the case, I’d keep maybe 2 pairs of jeans that are one size larger so I can wear an extra pair of leggings during the snowy days when we decide to do outdoor activities. So i guess it depends on the weather you live & the space you have.
  • FitSeachely
    FitSeachely Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I only keep clothes that are too small. I get rid of the extra roomy stuff. If it’s only 1 size in the difference, I may keep it if...
    - it’s expensive and high quality
    - is a favourite and is worn in a variety of occasions

The rest, I’d give it to family and friends.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I’m in the process of clearing out the too-big things. It’s all going in the attic for now. I can’t even figure out what looks good, so it’s just out of sight out of mind for now and revisit everything later.
    I only keep clothes that are too small. I get rid of the extra roomy stuff. If it’s only 1 size in the difference, I may keep it if...
    - it’s expensive and high quality
    - is a favourite and is worn in a variety of occasions

The rest, I’d give it to family and friends.

Good thinking ^
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I've gotten rid of most of the big stuff. I'm not planning to wear it again ;) I've kept some nicer jackets but that's about it. I've been gradually buying smaller sizes as I need them.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I would alter the special pieces to fit your new size, and maybe hold on to a pair or two of pants if you are poufy from your TOM. All else- consign or donate!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I would get rid of it. Having them to me feels like allowing your brain room to go back there.

If you are anticipating pregnancy in the future maybe box a few up though. I am done with that phase of life, so I can finally donate all my big clothes.

Expense things I might look into having tailored.