NSV Keto style

Options
Taliko
Taliko Posts: 82 Member
So I usually just lurk, because I generally just like the uplifting stories and recipes, but I’ve been Keto since Easter. I wasn’t very big to begin with (5’6, 149lbs - though I did lose a lot via CICO before) and now I’m down to 131.

Anyway. I had a hectic couple days. Found out yesterday that my son had lost something on a trip with his father. He’s autistic, and has very focused obsessions. This thing - his blankie - well he is very attached. It was also hand made by me, when he was little.

So I get the kids back from their dad, and I grab them some dinner(figure it’s intermittent fasting for me that day, I’m in a hurry) ... and we embark on the long bloody drive to another city to see if we can find it.

Two happy endings here. Even stressed out, and on a road trip, I ate Keto. Fasted till morning then had bacon and eggs and sausages at the hotel for breakfast, a bunless McDonalds burger for lunch and my car stash of pepperoni for snacks. Wasn’t even tempted by the hotel food buffet.

Also, yes we found blankie. All is well.

Somehow I was also down half a pound when I got home even though I drank loads of water and coffee (with cream.) Bodies are weird.

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Sounds hectic! Glad it all worked out well :)
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    Taliko wrote: »
    Bodies are weird.

No lie...

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    @ Running_and_coffee, I’m the same when it comes to stress eating. I’ve swung up and down a couple of pounds but that could be because I indulge in a fritter now and again!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!!

So glad you found blankie. I was thankful when my son accepted two blankies because we did lose one. Thank goodness for the spare.... Although we had at least one long drive to retrieve it too.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Three cheers for blankie finding!!! I will admit that as an adult I have a particular fondness for a very soft fluffy scarf which I find soothing around my neck and alongside my cheek when I'm having a really rough day or (along with lavender oil and rose geranium oil) when my brain is running at 100 kph when it's time to go to sleep.
    Whatevah gets us thru!
    And yaaay for ketoing on.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hooray for both good endings to the story!

My daughter's blankie was me! She always used to pinch the flab on my upper arm....LOL...
    She didn't like it too much when I lost most of my flab although I was very happy about it.

She's going to be a senior in high school this year and she still comes up and pinches my flab when she's exceptionally stressed out.