What "Diet" plan works for you?

Options
HoneyBadger302
HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
I would like to hear your stories on what "diet" or plans you have found that work for YOU.

I'll start by sharing my current story:

So, for the past few years I've struggled with my weight. In 2014/2015 it creeped up to an all-time high, and I cracked down on my eating. At the time my life was pretty stable, not a lot of travel for work or personally, so things were generally pretty easy to maintain. I dropped nearly 20 of 35 pounds I needed to lose, then started working out and gained some of that back. Eventually started losing again, and was on a slow but steady loss until I badly broke my leg (at that time about 15 pounds from goal). Lost a bunch at first with that, but then it obviously quickly came back with an extra 10 pounds. Currently sitting 10 pounds below my heaviest, but I believe with more muscle, so somewhere between 15-25 pounds above my "goal."

I know that calorie counting and weighing my food works for my body. I will lose weight doing it. The issue is, it does NOT work with my lifestyle. I am on the road more weekends than not Mar-Nov, and constantly being on the road means even making it to the grocery store can be a challenge!

Meal prep is great and works great - but again, goes completely out the window once I'm on the road as I can't carry that with me.

So, I've been trying to think about what will not only work from a CICO perspective but also will work for my lifestyle, regardless of whether it is a normal work day, a race weekend, or just a weekend traveling.

After a fair bit of thought and a little research, decided to go with a variation of a "warrior" IF (to use the buzz-word terms). Basically, I have my morning coffee with my creamer (I refuse to give that up), and a plant and/or protein "snack" for lunch (hoping to eventually eliminate that once I've adjusted better), and then I eat a solid dinner without worrying too much about what or how much (I generally prefer healthier choices, but not always!).

Thus far, this seems to be working extremely well. The scale in a few weeks will tell the real story on if it's working or not, but thus far, this feels pretty manageable. It follows my natural tendencies pretty well, it is pretty close to what I already am prone to doing on a race weekend, and I don't need to worry about those dinners out with friends.

What have you found worked for you or that you are trying?

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    MFP, scale, (exercise). I cannot be held accountable for weight loss or even maintenance without these things. I know bc I just got lazy for the last few months, and it shows.

Exercise is required for me, but I started losing without it. Meal prep helps, but then when I can't, I get pretty anxious about it, so I try but go with the natural flow of my life as best I can.

Edited: I still use real cream in my coffee, drink rarely, and I feel best when I eat small, weighed portions of processed carby things (doughnuts, bagels, cake). I naturally cut back on snacking over time,too, which makes me happy!