New to Keto and lovin it!

Options
ari_s97
ari_s97 Posts: 14 Member
I’ve recently started my Keto journey and I love it! I’ve tried so many diets but the Keto lifestyle is amazinggg! Any recommendations? Feel free to add me need some Keto people in my news feed :)

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    ari_s97 wrote: »
    I’ve recently started my Keto journey and I love it! I’ve tried so many diets but the Keto lifestyle is amazinggg! Any recommendations? Feel free to add me need some Keto people in my news feed :)

Keep an eye on the sodium. I am in maintenance, and my diary is really boring just in general, but you are welcome to add me.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I started Keto about 2 months ago and I’m loving it. Start out simple until you get used to how it works before trying out new recipes. I mostly stick with protein, salads and occasional veggies. I make different fat bombs as my snacks to reach my goal for the day. There are a ton of videos on YouTube and a ton of recipes on Pinterest that has helped me out a lot.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I focused on being in ketosis only as a self prescribed medically therapeutic trial for 52 weeks. Since then (2016), I remain LCHF (when compared to MFP defaults) because fat seems to provide satiety. Low carb (or at least not eating the hyperpalatable foods I once over ate: (cakes, pies, cookies, ice cream, fritos, doritos, cheetos, etc).), minimizes my cravings for those foods.

I'm currently not real active on my newsfeed and not using MFP's food diary so I'm not a great "pal" at this time. :) Don't quit. Quitting is easy. An off day or 2 will happen.
  • ari_s97
    Options

Bxqtie116 wrote: »
    I started Keto about 2 months ago and I’m loving it. Start out simple until you get used to how it works before trying out new recipes. I mostly stick with protein, salads and occasional veggies. I make different fat bombs as my snacks to reach my goal for the day. There are a ton of videos on YouTube and a ton of recipes on Pinterest that has helped me out a lot.
    Thank you! I love Pinterest and YouTube they’ve helped me through out this time and I’ll continue looking :)
  • ari_s97
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Good luck. I focused on being in ketosis only as a self prescribed medically therapeutic trial for 52 weeks. Since then (2016), I remain LCHF (when compared to MFP defaults) because fat seems to provide satiety. Low carb (or at least not eating the hyperpalatable foods I once over ate: (cakes, pies, cookies, ice cream, fritos, doritos, cheetos, etc).), minimizes my cravings for those foods.

I'm currently not real active on my newsfeed and not using MFP's food diary so I'm not a great "pal" at this time. :) Don't quit. Quitting is easy. An off day or 2 will happen.
    Thank you very much!! I will deff not quit, I’ve quit at least 4 times this year and I have to start all over again and this time am starting to stick around :)
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just keep tweaking your macros as you go through this. A nice reward for the work is to get the body to that fat for energy mode (fat adapted) but once it does the energy and focus are amazing.

As time goes on I found that the high fat, moderate protein does not work for me. I was losing too much lean mass using the Keto Calculators suggestions (% measured with Fit3D scans). I upped my protein and lowered my fats slightly and my Ketone blood measure level remained stable. It's all about giving the body what it asks for. Feel free to add me. My food diary tends to be repetitive as I'm a boring eater.

• CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What works for me is finding foods I like and just sticking with those! I definitely use the micro counter in MFP. Interesting what qweck3 wrote about losing too much lean mass with high fat to protein ratio, I'll definitely watch for that! Also, I buy the best quality meats I can afford. So, bacon has no nitrates and nitrites, and beef is grass-fed. I'd say I eat that kind of meat 90% of the time or more. Also, I measure everything and record it in MFP. Amazing what a difference that makes!

I've been working on lowing processed carbs since May 14th, '18. I've been keto since July 1st. I've lost over 10 pounds so far, I'm now at 132.

My goal is to be wise and flexible, and if I find I'm losing lean mass, I will definitely add protein and ease back on fats. So that's how I'm doing this keto game. Good luck to you and stay connected, the support definitely helps! :smiley:
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    It was eye opening what the scan report showed. Lots of improvement in the legs and arms and so forth over a month but most of the loss was my lean body mass. It's why it's important to know what you are losing. I immediately upped the protein from 30% to 40% and slightly lowered the fats while staying at 5% carbs and I can feel the positive difference in my body already. And best of all Ketosis is still stable. I also switched my Yoga to more Power style and added some lifting sessions to get that mass back. I go monthly for Fit3D scans so interested in seeing if this thing balances itself out. It's pretty cheap to buy a year membership to use those scanners that it truly is worth it.