Anyone interested in an alternate August Challenge?

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
I know Goat has an ad libitum challenge going, but does anyone who isn't interested in doing that challenge want me to run my usual basics challenge this coming month?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to cut down the calories after a summer filled with not-so-diligent tracking, so I definitely am not interested in the no tracking thing for August.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for your basics challenge this month. Pretty please?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy with your challenge!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Me!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I woke up this AM and decided to quite being a Couch Slouch. I'll participate this month. This old body needs to move a little more. :)
  • Oppaloopa
    Oppaloopa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    I'd be up for your basics challenge this month. Pretty please?

No one can say no to someone in that hat.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I still have too much to lose for the no tracking group - I'm in for the basics
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I’m interested in a challenge. I haven’t participated in a month challenge previously, but I’m game to hear what this is!
    I can always use the accountability.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    yes! :smile:
  • baconslave
    Options
    Yay!!! :bigsmile:
  • baconslave
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10685329/august-2018-lc-basics-challenge-week-1-8-1-8-7#latest
    I'll get the sticky up soon when it's time to take the July one down. There's a bunch up there already.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I know Goat has an ad libitum challenge going, but does anyone who isn't interested in doing that challenge want me to run my usual basics challenge this coming month?

I never intended to stop you from doing your challenge. It's part of why I made it a different group.
    lisaloumn2 wrote: »
    I still have too much to lose for the no tracking group - I'm in for the basics

:confused: Your path is your own to take, but there's really no such thing as too much to lose for not tracking to work. It tends to be easier for those with lots to lose. And you don't get any more basic than getting back to the original way low-carb plans were done. :wink:

I get it. I do. Being the anti-calorie guy on MFP definitely puts me in the minority.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I think it's awesome if people can manage not to track...I just know that for me not-tracking as much over summer has definitely resulted in a gain, and I don't want to keep gaining in August.

I also think it's awesome to have multiple challenges happening concurrently, then everyone can find something they want to try if they even want to be in a challenge group at all...and who knows, maybe a future ad libitum challenge would fit my plan!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I think it's awesome if people can manage not to track...I just know that for me not-tracking as much over summer has definitely resulted in a gain, and I don't want to keep gaining in August.

I also think it's awesome to have multiple challenges happening concurrently, then everyone can find something they want to try if they even want to be in a challenge group at all...and who knows, maybe a future ad libitum challenge would fit my plan!
  • baconslave
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »

I never intended to stop you from doing your challenge. It's part of why I made it a different group.
    Oh yah. I know. :smile:
    I was just asking if I should take a challenge vacay or if there were people interested in being obsessive with me this month.