New to MFP, keto-er for 2 months

Options
KetoLula
KetoLula Posts: 29 Member
Hello everyone. I'm still fairly new to keto (2 months this week) with my husband. I've gone from 166 down to 147 over the time and am feeling much better than I was after being on the standard American diet for the longest time.

I'm a caretaker for multiple babies at a daycare during the day and a home cook, gamer, geek off the clock. I'm always on the hunt for new recipes to try (and places to eat out at since we enjoy restaurants on weekends).

I look forward to this adventure with all of you. 😎

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, KetoLula!
  • KetoLula
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Congratulations, KetoLula!

Thanks. It's been awesome how much better hubby and I both are feeling and the weight loss has been such a nice bonus. The hardest part for us has been eating out, but at least the positive of Houston is lots of BBQ and lots of fajitas.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You are off to a great start. :)
  • jjfreebird59
    jjfreebird59 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! It feels great doesn't it? I went off my Keto diet after losing 45 lbs, and I gained some of it back. That's when the fat pants came out of the closet. They were still loose but I can't have that, they need to be mothballed in the attic. Carbs are not my friend, which sucks because I'm Italian and we love pasta. At least I can still enjoy my meatballs, yes!!
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Wow, talk about an amazing start! Welcome! :-)
  • dramacat21
    dramacat21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I’m enjoying similar success and do feel and look better. Eating out does take a little extra planning, but it’s worth the effort :)
  • KetoLula
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! It feels great doesn't it? I went off my Keto diet after losing 45 lbs, and I gained some of it back. That's when the fat pants came out of the closet. They were still loose but I can't have that, they need to be mothballed in the attic. Carbs are not my friend, which sucks because I'm Italian and we love pasta. At least I can still enjoy my meatballs, yes!!

It feels amazing. Some of the best changes are that my old joint injuries don't hurt me any more (and when I've twisted a knee, it feels like it only takes a couple of days to get right instead of the week+ it used to) and I don't have that afternoon slump (which is nice considering afternoons are pretty crazy when you're taking care of infants).

Hubby and I went to Carrabba's to get our Italian fix last weekend since they have a good number of pasta-free options that are keto friendly. It's a good place to check out.