šŸ„‘The Magic PillšŸ„—

Options
2Ā»

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Yall beat me to it. You have to watch it knowing that it has some bias. The cancer part is what the "anti-keto" people will and do use to debunk it. Those of us that are doing it, want it to work and believe that it does. I'm more curious what the long term effects are. That's why I seek out and pay attention to the "lifers" (those that have been doing it for years now). The quick weight loss benefits are enough that I'll do it anyway. If it turns out that, over time, Keto'ers are growing a limb out of their chest - I may stop.

I've always said this feels like I've been let in on a great secret that not a lot of people want to hear. Everybody is killing themselves at the gym to loose a bit of the sugar and wheat that they eat all day. I'll sit at home on the couch watching diet documentaries and eat my pork rinds and cream cheese.

I agree that the cancer benefit is the easiest and most common debunking item followed by high fat will kill you. I am okay and happy with what I have researched and can follow my own path. (checking for chest limb)
  • Kerschel
    Kerschel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I watched it twice yesterday. Once for myself and the second time to prove to my partner that keto was a healthy way to eat. He is sort of keto (cause I cook) but not really. And one can't be sort of anyway. He is low carb. But he isn't feeling well lately and blames our diet.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    up his salt intake? (not to get rid of him just to reduce any keto flu!!!)
  • RockinOilyMomma
    RockinOilyMomma Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I loved it too! My essential oil mentors had always told me ā€œYes, Sara, eat the butter.ā€ Especially when I was pregnant and craved it and licked the packages while at work šŸ˜‚ they always told me your brain is made of fat and NEEDS fat. I knew that as I had studied anatomy and physiology. I used butter and coconut oil in moderation. Then I saw the documentary. Those kids!! It was amazing.

So now when I make my coffee or anything else with coconut oil or butter, I make my kids lick the spoon! They love it and I love supporting their growing brains.
  • RockinOilyMomma
    RockinOilyMomma Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I will say too though, that I was nervous after watching it. The cost of ALL organic and ONLY grass fed had me nervous.

I started anyway, regular store bought meat because thatā€™s what is in the budget at the moment. I already have lost 15-18 lbs depending on the day and my brain fog had gotten so much better. I have switched to organic when possible and will continue to switch as the budget allows.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I will say too though, that I was nervous after watching it. The cost of ALL organic and ONLY grass fed had me nervous.

I started anyway, regular store bought meat because thatā€™s what is in the budget at the moment. I already have lost 15-18 lbs depending on the day and my brain fog had gotten so much better. I have switched to organic when possible and will continue to switch as the budget allows.

I get grass feed when I can but I can eat a good steak wherever it has been eating. I will also get organic when convenient and not overpriced. What works for me and this predates Keto is nothing in a box and rarely in a can. The only processed food I was getting (other than snack clusters) was bread. I have also switched to uncured bacon too.
  • Kerschel
    Kerschel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    yep, it is expensive. I just keep hoping the more we buy (when we can) the more folks will be encouraged to return the cows to the land and a decent life; then we won't have to cringe when we eat them. All part of a ecosystem. Current practice is part of a factory system ignoring all life.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I think I had less sticker shock at the price of keto. I was already eating gluten free, and when a small loaf of bread is normally around $7, and a smal l bag of noodles is $5-6, dropping those processed carbs for meat and veggies seemed to have no difference in my grocery bill at all. LOL