Awesome August

Options
UncleMac
UncleMac Posts: 12,924 Member
edited September 2018 in Social Groups
Okay, folks! Let's get after it!!

Let us know how you're doing, what barriers you're struggling against and what successes arrive!!

Replies

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hard to get the beer cold enough for some relief after a long walk in the heat.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Just started up again after more fits than starts. Added in PT for my knee. I have to straighten myself out before I fully go to seed.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You can do it Nikki. Health and vigor is wasted on the young.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    I haven't tracked in nearly 4 years. Got on a scale yesterday and I'm approaching my "red line", which is 195. I'm roughly only 20% to 22% body fat but my joints do not like it when I carry that much weight (I'm only 5 foot 10). Cutting out alcohol and any sweets to start. Need to get back to 190, which is a very comfortable weight for me. Maintenance can be tricky but weight is like any addiction/bad habit. You can never assume you have it completely beaten and ignore it.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I’m back on track again for the millionth time. Stop-start ...... stop - start cycle. But start again I will. I’m off to Australia next month for a month holiday. I’m looking forward to that.
    Hope everyone here in the group doing ok x
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Just an update, I've dropped 2 to 3 pounds off, so I'm off my maintenance ledge for the moment. I'm at around 192 right now, around 4 pounds off of optimal for me but a couple pounds off where I like to be (190). I lost all my weight on another site (loseit.com) but that's losing a lot of the functionality (and users because of that) and I haven't logged in nearly two years because I've been in maintenance four years now. The fear of having to relog all of my recipes over again and food over again cleaned up some bad habits real quick!

Honestly, I eat pretty clean 95% of the time (I'm dairy free and gluten free for my wife's Fibromyalgia -- eat the same way she has to). That eliminates nearly all processed foods for me and her, which helps in maintenance quite a bit. I had just gone back to eating a lot of nut butter at night. I eliminated that and alcohol while going out and that's all I really had to do -- 3 pounds in two weeks.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Sunday, I started bowling in a league for the first time in over 20 years. The arthritis in my fingers is worse than I thought. My hips were also hurting on Monday, but I think that had more to do with the 64 mile bike ride on Saturday.
  • Janine6140
    Janine6140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 40 of tracking my food and fitness. In this time I have lost 11.5lb, have gone down almost 2 clothes sizes and run my fastest 2 miles in many years. I still read 37% on my BFI scales but I've recently read they aren't that accurate, so will instead concentrate on my changing body shape. I have a long way to go but I'm pleased with my progress so far. My long term goal is to get off the tablets for hypertension (I'm pretty sure mine is weight related) but my mantra is 'Fit by 51' and I have a 3 month deadline now. I don't expect to be at my goal weight by then but will have certainly improved my fitness levels.