Keto Travel Essentials

Options
auggi99
auggi99 Posts: 16 Member
Hey keto friends! I am leaving Thursday on a 4 day camping trip. Are there any road trip (8 hour drive) or camp friendly keto foods you can recfomend? I’ll have a cooler and a fire pit. 🤣

Replies

• Piratejoan
    Piratejoan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I travel I pack raw nuts, sliced meat (deli or pepperoni) that I wrap around cheese ( not American since it’s a cheese product not real cheese). Fire pit would be great for foil packs w meat and veggies! I’m certain there are recipes on Pinterest! Have fun!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Meat on days 2,3,4 could be trouble without refrigeration. I also vote for nuts and would add lots of beef jerky. I am not sure how long hard boiled eggs can last in the wild but they may do better than meat. This is a difficult one because if hiking you will need lots of energy but without refrigeration it limits you. I you are just camping you have more options if you can stock coolers.
  • Leeleelahlah
    Leeleelahlah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    She said she will have a cooler.

I've seen recipes on Pinterest for "fat bombs" that you might want to check out!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed the cooler part. That will make thing much better.
  • auggi99
    auggi99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, you guys! So far it’s going GREAT! I am camping 25 min from my brothers house so I’ve been doing dinners with him which helps. Quest bars, premier protein, cheese (drive through Wisconsin), nuts, beef sticks, grilled meats, bottled cold brew coffee. HWC and the like have been getting me through. Lots of hiking and water drinking.