Carbs and Keto

Options
Quick question what is the recommendation for the amount of carbs you can eat in a day. Is there a set number? I have been doing between 15 to 30 carbs a day.

Replies

• htek808
    htek808 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tend to stay at or under 20 grams net carbs. All other calories should come from 20-25% protein and 70-75% fat.
  • tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm always under 20 total carbs (I don't follow net carbs). On average I am 10-15 total a day
  • SuperSaiyanGoddess86
    SuperSaiyanGoddess86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    tifano wrote: »
    I'm always under 20 total carbs (I don't follow net carbs). On average I am 10-15 total a day

okay. This is great news. I Thought I was eating to many carbs
  • mom2bambam
    mom2bambam Posts: 17 Member
    Options

@tifano: Any way you'd be willing to share a typical day food diary?

• tifano
    Options
    mom2bambam wrote: »

@tifano: Any way you'd be willing to share a typical day food diary?

Sure...Here's today. My breakfast and lunch almost never change. NOTE: I'm not the best clean keto eater. Also I always prefill and plan my day out so I haven't had the 2nd fat bomb or the tea with coconut oil. I'll have those after dinner. Tonight's dinner is just grilled hamburgers.

420oheyxpp1h.png

bxrk9e7b1sku.png

21amib97t0pl.png

isua34fqom32.png

• tifano
    Options
    I forgot to add... This puts my total calories for today at 1781, 11 total carbs, 164 grams of fat and 65 grams of protein. I usually try to stay between 55-60 but today I'm going a little over on protein.
  • mmoleon
    mmoleon Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

I think that's the key. I am in a plateau for more than one month.
  • lacerka963
    lacerka963 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!
    carbs grams high limit of 40... accounts for unprepared days, so I don't stress about it but typically keep it under 25g... don't worry net carbs, just total... easier for me....
    if you think you are at a plateau... found an article that states up the protein taken in... it can restart everything...
    I'll try to find it and provide the link...
    Lisa