some peopler think they know better then you

julepige
julepige Posts: 24 Member
On another broad there was a woman who suffered from constipation and asking for help. Plenty of peopler did telling her to get more vegetables. I told her to use light oliver oil to cook her vegetables with rather then vegetables oil as that was what she was using. Another member reply back and said."I would never recommend anything "light" if you are trying to eat ketogenically. The absolute last thing you want to be doing is reducing fat. For scrambled eggs I would always use either butter or coconut oil (I don't bother putting cream in them but if you like that, go for it!).i did correct her explaining that light oliver oil hasn't got anything to do with being low in fat "Light" doesn't refer to this olive oil being lower in calories. Rather, it is a marketing term used to describe the oil's lighter flavor. Light olive oil is a refined oil that has a neutral taste and a higher smoke point. It can be used for baking, sautéing, grilling ect. I would never recommend anything low in fat to a person on a keto diet"
she came back with."Well that sounds more like it! I think when you have been keto for as long as I have you develop a kind of Pavlov's Dog reaction to the word "light", along with "diet", "healthy eating" or "skinny"...! Well as far as i can see , she needs to read up more about her oils.
Sorry about this long story but it shows that some peopler think they know better.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Lol she had a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the word light. :D
  • julepige
    julepige Posts: 24 Member
    Yep.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 276 Member
    Too funny !! 🤣 Eating keto a long time but does know anything about olive oil ! 🤣
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    You will find them everywhere out there beyond the walls of safety here!

People are doing Keto so many different ways now you will here different opinions about all of what you’re eating.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Imagine the response I get when I tell people I prefer half n half over HWC and when I eat yogurt, which is rarely, I actually prefer the Fage 0% or 2% over the 4%. They have the same carbs but less calories. I have no shortage of fat. I still have too much on my belly and hips.