Feeling low

Options
elivar07
elivar07 Posts: 15 Member
Hi ladies, I was on vacation this past week and upon returning I find I've gained about 4 lbs. which is about half of what I had lost. For some reason even when I was expecting something like this I feel miserable and unmotivated. I was feeling so energetic and positive the last 3 wks and now I dont know where or how to start again. Just wanted to share hope everyone is having a better wk fhan me.

Replies

• Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Aww I understand it is disheartening when you work so hard to lose and it's so darn easy to gain back. I have noticed that I can eat bad at dinner time and still stay in my calorie range, and have gained the next day. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, you were on vacation and tomorrow is a new day! Please dont give up! Try and make sure you are getting enough water also, a lot of it could be water weight from the added sodium. Good luck Lizzy, you can do it! 😊
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
  • meepmya
    meepmya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I’ve had days like that too. Best thing is: You we’re on holiday, hopefully you had a really good time and enjoyed yourself & Today is a new day, you can choose to shrug off past disappointments and start a fresh. Today is the first day of the rest of your life and you have the power to get back on track and make some positive changes. I find if I dwell too much on past failures it demotivates me. I set a time limit and basically say to myself ‘right I’ve got 10 mins to feel sad about this’ and when the 10 mins is up, that’s it I have to choose to focus on the positive and what I’m going to do to turn things around again.
  • Sweetzyd
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @meepmya I love your reply to this and your encouragement. The best thing we can all do is change our mindset, and focus on the positive like you said! I need to do this more! You truly motivate me!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @elivar07 Weight fluctuations are part of the process we have chosen. Try to replace the negative feelings with positives and the energy will flow.
    I find affirmations help. These are some of the affirmations I use.
    'Weight gain is temporary'
    'I have the power to achieve whatever I put my mind to'
    'Today is a new day and I chose to feel energetic and motivated'
    I am working on creating a fit and healthy future for myself'