Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stuff you're proud of

Kohanai
Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
Hey! because I love stories, list what you're proud of. Whether you did it recently, or a while ago, just list stuff.

Replies

• Kohanai
    Well, I PRd 3 lifts today, so there's that. If anyone sees this and wants to add, that would be cool :)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    I successfully did a few double - unders today. I have the marks all over my arms to prove it. It sort of looks like I had a "50 Shades of Grey" weekend but nope, just jump rope!
  • Andy__Dane
    Andy__Dane Posts: 46 Member
    Managed to deadlift 2 x my bodyweight for the first time last week, have my clean up to 80kg. Still suck at snatches though!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited August 2018
    I successfully did a few double - unders today. I have the marks all over my arms to prove it. It sort of looks like I had a "50 Shades of Grey" weekend but nope, just jump rope!

Oh yeah, I have had days where those whipmarks were very aggressive! My "proud of" moment today is also about double-unders. Back in March I could hardly string 2 of them together. Today I managed a set of 25 unbroken, and followed it up with a set of 20!

I think if i could get the heaviness of my jumps under control I'd be golden, haha.

And btw, the quality of the rope (not the handles, THE CABLE) makes a HUGE difference. I have a Rogue SR-1 Froning edition - the handles with the ball bearings are amazing, but the rope itself tends to keep its shape (it's not super flexible) so it got a bad bend in it from being stored and I can't work the kink out. Not to mention I'd also cut it too short. I bought the rope I'm using in the above video on amazon for about 20$ CAD, and it came with 2 cables (one heavier, the one I'm using here, and a lighter, speedier one). The handles are kinda like cheap tennis racket. They're comfy, but the rubber tape around it tends to start moving around a bit, so I don't know that they'll last that long, and the rotation is a little choppy + my heavy cable tends to want to slip out and I've lost it in the middle of a set a few times where it just flew off one of the handles. Yet I've made more progress with this rope in 1 month than I did in years with my previous ropes. I think when I get real good with the heavy cable, I'm gonna slap the light one onto the rogue handles (if it fits, anyway). Speed for dayyyysss :)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Well done!!! I too am in Canada. Can you please provide the link to the rope you recommend from Amazon? I do need a better one. Thanks.
  • krokador
    edited August 2018
    Well done!!! I too am in Canada. Can you please provide the link to the rope you recommend from Amazon? I do need a better one. Thanks.

It's this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Attack-Speed-Jump-WOD-Nation/dp/B06XNNY73K/ref=sr_1_sc_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1533744103&sr=8-4-spell&keywords=wodnation

I would assume the WODNation basic speed rope (which has a bearing more similar to the rogue rope)
    https://www.amazon.ca/WOD-Nation-Speed-Jump-Rope/dp/B00K1VOXYW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1533744103&sr=8-3&keywords=wodnation
    would have better rotation, but then you don't get the added benefit of having the heavier cable, which has helped a LOT with my double-unders. The reviews also mention the rope being a bit *too* light for beginners, so may not be the best thing to start with, either.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Thanks I appreciate it.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    A good rope really makes a difference, as does taking care of it. I have a Starbi that I really like. Heavier handles work better for me. I'm on my second cable, the first one I let get kinked up a bit. I'm very careful about how I store the rope now to make it stays nice and loose. Still working on doubles but I'm much better than I was.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    I ordered the rope Krokador recommended. I will be sure to take good care of it.

On a side note I did cross covers fairly easily and I surprised everyone when I jumped rope backwards. My friends never even thought to do that. But I don't think they will be impressed till I do backwards double unders. Ouch that sounds like a painful learning curve.
  • Kohanai
    I ordered the rope Krokador recommended. I will be sure to take good care of it.

On a side note I did cross covers fairly easily and I surprised everyone when I jumped rope backwards. My friends never even thought to do that. But I don't think they will be impressed till I do backwards double unders. Ouch that sounds like a painful learning curve.

Skin flaying is in, I hear.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    My new rope arrived and I like it a lot. It for sure helps with the double unders. I did 96 today!
  • krokador
    My new rope arrived and I like it a lot. It for sure helps with the double unders. I did 96 today!

Woot! I've managed a set of 25 unbroken TWICE (and 1 or 2 sets of 20, too) since the last time I posted, so I'm quite proud of myself as well :) Had to take a bit of a break this past week though, as I had a Spartan-like race to run last weekend, and the steepness bricked my calves and ankles. I tried to jump a bit yesterday and it was a definite no-go, lol.

I also keep losing the little rubber stoppers to the dang rope and it then comes apart, so that may become an issue at some point. A bit sad I didn't leave myself enough slack to make a knot, now. Although that may alter spinning so maybe it's better this way anyway.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    25 unbroken is great!! Way to go.

I seem to get all screwed up when I feel pressure. When I say presure I mean when the clock starts! I seem to do best at this point doing one single, one double, one single, one double.

I have to try to remember that I am still very new to this. I Definitely have progresed a lot with this though.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    This is why it pays to practice for 5-10 minutes a day if you can and get them locked in when there is no pressure.

For me I'm proud of getting back to it after about a month off due to ear surgery. Went twice last week and the goal is three or four times this week and then four times regularly with a run or two added in.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    I hit three new PRs over the last week! I know the numbers themselves are not terribly impressive, but I'm still super proud of my progress; I have been lifting for about 3 months now, and I'm getting super close to my bodyweight on several lifts which is goal #1 for me.

sha9itnqjvy8.jpg
  • sunshineraej
    sunshineraej Posts: 89 Member
    3 wks ago, I had 2 PR's. Cleans went from 105# to 125# & Front Squats went from 135# to 155#. Oh and I did ONE double under a few weeks ago. :-)