Mini-Goal Challenge week of 8-6 to to 8-12-18

Options
forestrose910
forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member

In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• forestrose910
    Options
    Have a great week everyone. Hope all is well.

My goals this week.
    1. Log 5 days and stay within limits
    2. workout 2 times
    3. average 6300 steps

I did not start the week or the day out to do my logging, but I have the rest of the week to get things on track. my steps have been up and down the past week, so hopefully I can push forward.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    This week, focusing on:
    1. Strength training (3 days)
    2. Video/electronics off after about 10pm
    3. Less TV/video in general
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Working on endurance right now. Today I got my 18+ laps in (I don’t count my warmup or cooldown half laps as part of the run). I walked laps 12 and 16 and finished in 45 minutes! It’s vital to get to bed early or else I don’t get up early enough to run.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Only did 9 laps this morning. Been tired. :(
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Clicketykeys- keep at it. I get the being tired part.

Gardenmama- how is your week going?

I am not doing well with my goals. Getting a little closer but still struggling.

Molly and hearts- thinking of you.

Have a great weekend.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys - Hopefully the weekend will allow you to get more laps in again.

@forestrose910 - Sounds like we're both inching along this week, but at least in the right direction.

This week, focusing on:
    1. Strength training (3 days) - Haven't been very focused on this so far this week.
    2. Video/electronics off after about 10pm - A couple of days good, a couple not so good.
    3. Less TV/video in general - A little better here.

So far, it's been an odd week. Tuesday, we had two classes at the local college on things to know about retirement. They took all day. Yesterday (Thursday) I got my hair cut/colored. My hair person is an hour and a half drive from home. She's in the little town where we used to keep our camper. I really like her so she's worth the drive and her prices reflect the more "out of town" area. Fortunately, it's a very easy drive and I love the area. However, my week has been a little out of whack! Tuesday night, after class, we picked up Chinese food for dinner. I over-ate a little and then that seemed to set off a whole series of cravings. I ended up eating way to many calories. So, 3 days later and I'm still making up for it on the scales. It was good, but not worth the cost the rest of the week. I'm working hard to get the numbers on the scale back on target for the week.

Happy weekend.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    @GardenMama129 - Hahaha, NO. I won't run on the weekends until the park goes to evenings-only. I get lots of steps in, but it's just walking.

I'm not beating myself up over it, though, as I also went to the Y after work yesterday and the day before, so I'm getting plenty of cardio in. Last night I went to bed early as well, so I actually got a full night of sleep.

What do you do for your strength training?

@forestrose910 - Yup! Gotta keep on keepin' on! We got this :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

Hello Everyone,

I miss you all -- just popping in for a minute. This is a very stressful time for me but I am hanging in there. I am up six pounds :( Today is the 1st day of hospice for my Dad. We signed the papers last night and wow was it hard :'(:'( We knew this was coming but it did not make it any easier. We have been making our time with him count and that is what we have to do.

But I can say my Dad is a trooper. He even was asking about one of his friends who has alzheimer's who is not doing well either.

I hope all is going good with you all and I am going to try hard to join you all next week. I went to my WW class today. I only weighed in because I was still dragging. This too shall pass.

Have a great weekend and keep pushing forward and reaching for the stars! B)
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Hi Molly! *hugs* I know the situation with your dad is really challenging. Keep going and do the best you can. We'll be thinking of you!
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Molly- I know this is a difficult time. Know that I care about you and will keep you in my thoughts. Taking care of youresell is very important to being there for your dad. We are here for you.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Managed 20 laps this morning! I've downloaded a training plan. It's a little discouraging, though, because it calls an "easy" run 30-36 minutes for 3 miles. SERIOUSLY? Like... I dunno. That's ... actually, no, that's incredibly discouraging. It takes me a solid 40 minutes to get 3 miles. And I hadn't thought of myself as particularly out of shape.

So, plan for this week:

Tuesday: Tempo run - 2 miles (~11 laps) 20 minutes.
    Wednesday: Distance run - 4 miles (~21 laps) 60 minutes.
    Thursday: Tempo run - 2 miles, 20 minutes.
    Friday: 3 miles (~16 laps) 35 minutes.
    Saturday: Rest day
    Sunday: Distance run - 5 miles (~26 laps) however long it takes!
  • forestrose910
    Options
    clicketykeys- great job with your 20 laps. it looks like you are not all that far off the mark. I know that 4 minutes is a lot to shave off your time, but it is a goal. however in the short term, congratulate yourself for what you are doing. your plan looks ambitious and I know you will make progress. our motto is progress not perfection. good luck and have a great week.