Fitbit not syncing with myfitnesspal...why?

Options
tcdocred1
tcdocred1 Posts: 3 Member
I have a new fitbit charge 2 and it won't sync with myfitnesspal. I've looked up stuff online with no luck. Uninstalled apps/reinstalled apps still won't sync. I want to track everything please help.

Replies

• Mrsjhw
    Mrsjhw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It’s not you, it’s them. Mine isn’t syncing just now either. It will eventually
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    tcdocred1 wrote: »
    I have a new fitbit charge 2 and it won't sync with myfitnesspal. I've looked up stuff online with no luck. Uninstalled apps/reinstalled apps still won't sync. I want to track everything please help.

Is meal totals going to Fitbit account?

Are steps showing up on MFP?

On phone MFP app - did you select Fitbit as source of steps?
  • KLW_35
    KLW_35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m having the same issue, my food will sync from MyFitnessPal to Fitbit but my exercise won’t sync from Fitbit to MyFitnessPal 😢
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    KLW_35 wrote: »
    I’m having the same issue, my food will sync from MyFitnessPal to Fitbit but my exercise won’t sync from Fitbit to MyFitnessPal 😢

Are you getting a calorie adjustment? You aren’t going to have individual exercises sync over, just the amount of calories you will burn above (or below with the negative adjustment on) maintenance.
  • neeshgk
    neeshgk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Are you getting a calorie adjustment? You aren’t going to have individual exercises sync over, just the amount of calories you will burn above (or below with the negative adjustment on) maintenance.

i'm having the same problem but not getting a calorie adjustment.... what am I doing wrong?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    neeshgk wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

i'm having the same problem but not getting a calorie adjustment.... what am I doing wrong?

There may be issues.

Did you ever have them?
    Do you have steps shown?

Your MFP app setting for Source of steps could have moved off Fitbit.

You could have MFP setting for Negative Adjustments disabled, and your Fitbit never reports getting more calories burned than MFP estimated already.