Check In

Options

Replies

• fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Emotionally and mentally I'm definitely struggling. I'm a binge eater - and secret eater. I've made an appointment w/my therapist and my general to go over some stuff...

I'm up around 5lbs from my lowest (originally around 12). The only reason I haven't gained more is because the one thing I haven't stopped is working out. We will see how things go - I'm just hanging on right now.

Glad to hear you are going to therapy. I hope you find a healthy balance with food, stress and emotions.

Most of us have disordered relationships with food pre surgery. It does not disappear after surgery. The mental battles are work. Its all part of the process.

We are all a work in progress.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @fit_chickx I did okay for most of the day but wound up getting really hungry. Drank more water to try and offset it but not much luck there but was generally on track..had to tweak what I ate towards the end of the day. My shake before bed came out on frozen clumps, and their Dutch Chocolate Cake isn’t very chocolate-y.

I can’t follow the Inspire Diet to a t...it’s way too restrictive. I meal prepped every meal and cooked my dinners that I prepped Sunday to make sure they don’t go bad and all I need to do is Re-heat them when we get home from work.

I bought strawberries which is off limit on this diet but what I did do is I took half a cup and put them with 2.5 oz of low sodium turkey which will be a mid morning snack. Going to have a protein shake on my hour commute to work and an hour or so after getting there I bought a pack of 2 pre-hard boiled eggs.

I definitely have my days planned well, and I definitely think a lot of it has to do with my prepping of all meals instead of just breakfast or lunch. I also am bringing my travel blender to work to have a shake as a snack vs some less healthy options.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. I am pleased that I had the opportunity to let my eating be wildly out of hand over Sunday & Monday because I was at the Mall of America both days for a convention. What ended up happening is that I was so afraid to eat really bad stuff and gain 4-5 lbs, I ended up not eating enough-- and being up 1 lb. I'm sure now that I'm exercising again (having the weekend off) I will go back down but I won't lie, I wish it were easier.
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    @jamielslater I am so sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time! I actually received my package the other day when we were out of town so I didn’t start yet. We are still away but I plan to start next Monday since this week is a bit hectic once we get back with a bunch of different appointments and getting back to work. I will post once I start. Looking forward to trying the Dutch chocolate shake and the banana nut bread shake. Early on, I used all Inspire shakes which were very good and not too thick. Excited to try the pancake mix and some of the BE recipes that use it including this taco pie thing. I need to sit down and plan the meals I prepare for lunch and dinner on the plan. I do a ton of meal prep on Sunday so that my week is set up and I stay on track as best as I can.

Thank you for the support. I havent checked back in lately amd thought I should let you know that I did get my 28 day Inspire packet and I really do not like the shakes. Everuthing else was fine. I am stuck on premier protein shakes and Fit Frappes by Big train.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Which shake flavors did you get? The banana nut bread is good if you add half a banana (but fruit is restricted from the Inspire Diet). The Cafe Bella is my favorite but think once my stuff is gone from
    BE that I will stick to other brands (Eat The Bear, Chike, Chocorite).

Have heard of Fit Frappe but I can’t find it here. Where do you find it?

I have loosely followed the Inspire Diet this week. Did have a couple of instances where I had made not great choices but mostly have made good ones. My Peloton comes tomorrow so looking forward to incorporating that. I will say what has been the most beneficial for me this week is planning every meal including dinner and mostly having it all ready just needing to heat it.

Before I just planned my breakfast and lunch and grabbed whatever for snacks - not always the best choices (single serve packs of Oreo thins) but this week I mostly have had shakes as a snack, or 2-3 oz of turkey and 1/2 c strawberries.

I definitely found when I ate more planned out snacks and meals, with smarter choices that o got fuller where before I could chow on several packs of Oreo thins and not get full.

Having a better planned week like this has definitely helped me with perspective even though o wasn’t following the Inspire Diet exactly.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    For the first time in quite a while I had a good week across the board, with both my eating and my exercise. This is just what I needed to get the momentum to and motivation to stick with the plan.
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    Which shake flavors did you get? The banana nut bread is good if you add half a banana (but fruit is restricted from the Inspire Diet). The Cafe Bella is my favorite but think once my stuff is gone from
    BE that I will stick to other brands (Eat The Bear, Chike, Chocorite).

Have heard of Fit Frappe but I can’t find it here. Where do you find it?

I have loosely followed the Inspire Diet this week. Did have a couple of instances where I had made not great choices but mostly have made good ones. My Peloton comes tomorrow so looking forward to incorporating that. I will say what has been the most beneficial for me this week is planning every meal including dinner and mostly having it all ready just needing to heat it.

Before I just planned my breakfast and lunch and grabbed whatever for snacks - not always the best choices (single serve packs of Oreo thins) but this week I mostly have had shakes as a snack, or 2-3 oz of turkey and 1/2 c strawberries.

I definitely found when I ate more planned out snacks and meals, with smarter choices that o got fuller where before I could chow on several packs of Oreo thins and not get full.

Having a better planned week like this has definitely helped me with perspective even though o wasn’t following the Inspire Diet exactly.

I ordet Fit Frappe from netrition.com.

For the Inspire Shakes I had ordered the chocolate cake, cheesecake, cafe bella, and I can't remeber what else but I really didnt care for any of them.

I have decided to stick with what I like. Fit frapes maynot have the greatest stats but I cam blend it with ice and they dont get frothy. I cant handle froth at all. I love premier protein. I can heat them or put them over ice.

My choices havent been bad but I can not seem to get past the emotional eating.

I do appriciate the friends I have made on here. The support amd reading other posts really helps.
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've been working on maintenance (and absent from MFP world). I apologize! I've been for the last month now, maintaining between 140 &145. :) which makes me happy. My first goal of maintaining was 160, kept loosing, then I was like, okay, maybe 150? Nope. Saw my surgeon and bariatric nut and exercise psychologist in May, and the nut said, if I keep losing, I should come back sooner for trouble-shooting.

I've also found, so many others around me are salty AF. My sis-in-law being one. She actually told me "you dont understand what I'm going thru, you dont have a weight problem"... wha?? two years ago... 313... Yeah, I understand. I also know you are eating more than you say you are, i've watched you eat... and your food choices suck. She also told me I look old now... i have 'wrinkles'... dude, I just unfilled my face with fat. let me be!

I'm happy where I am, I dont see myself as being as small as I actually am. (I can wear a size 1-2 from Maurice's, and extra small/small tops.) Maybe one day my brain will catch up?

sorry for the long-winded ness.

• fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Glad you checked in. Congratulations on goal and maintaining.

Relationships may change a bit with weight loss. People see your success and it reminds them of their own struggles. Ignore their comments. You are healthy and happy.

It takes time for your mind to catch up with your weight loss. Try placing a photo on your bathroom mirror. Look at it while you are getting ready for the day.

• Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea @fit_chickx !! I think I'll do that. :) Maybe my mind will catch up faster! :D
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Samquentin congrats on maintaining and agree that @fit_chickx has an awesome idea!

I got my Peloton on Saturday and my husband who NEVER exercises got on it before I did! I have been battling migraines since Saturday, plus it is that time if you will. Had gotten on the Peloton on Sunday and loved it! Trained with my trainer for the last time on Monday, yesterday I felt like I was run over by a MAC truck so I was useless and today I am working at home so I just did a “lunchtime” ride. Having a protein shake now and have planned out my workouts for the rest of the week.

• jcavanna2
    Options
    @HLaR79 congratulations that is awesome news!
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling. 11 months post op, I'm down 55 from surgery, 70 from highest... but I have not lost an ounce all summer. I am still overweight, still not quite to my goal. My niece was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor (DIPG) I guess we are all still in a little shock and nothing else matters, right now.

I do ok nutritionally in the morning, afternoon and by late afternoon, dinner I just want to eat something "good" (that is not healthy) I know what I need to do to get back on track. I'm just struggling with the application.
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    jmxxiiii wrote: »
    I am really struggling. 11 months post op, I'm down 55 from surgery, 70 from highest... but I have not lost an ounce all summer. I am still overweight, still not quite to my goal. My niece was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor (DIPG) I guess we are all still in a little shock and nothing else matters, right now.

I do ok nutritionally in the morning, afternoon and by late afternoon, dinner I just want to eat something "good" (that is not healthy) I know what I need to do to get back on track. I'm just struggling with the application.

I know and understand this feeling!! I'm so sorry for your niece and family!!!! Will say prayers (btw).

Do you have the energy or desire to cook by the end of the day or do you just want fast food crap + booze by then? If you have energy/motivation to cook, then I'm happy to help you work some ideas out. I have pretty healthy comfort food hacks that let you eat yummy stuff, but stay in limits.

PM me if you want.
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have 0 energy by the end of the day. I use a crockpot most of the time. Thankfully I’m not much of a drinker, just a bad food chooser haha. My husband doesn’t always get it, I just eat small portions but nothing good.

• buxombrunette
    buxombrunette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have eaten pretty terribly for the last week. Most of it has been wine, really. I've had at least one glass every night. Then there's the chocolate. Too much going on at once. Lost my ex mother in law last week, son isn't coping, work has been crazy and I've been dumped again. The thing is, I recognised the first day that I was treating myself poorly, but i have continued on for the whole week. On a positive note, i have cooked dinner every night and I have made sure it has been protein-rich but doesn't make up for the wine and chocolate.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @buxombrunette so sorry to hear about your t
    loss. Sounds like you have a lot going on. I think what’s most important is to acknowledge that you recognize the issues, but remember and focus on the positive - the weight you have kept off, you have cooked dinner every night, and that you need to remember that you are worth putting yourself first. If we don’t take care of ourselves we won’t be able to care for anyone else as well as we could. Believe me, I have a lot of work to do myself but I know that there is not deadline for this. I have the rest of my life to make better choices for myself too.

Maybe take some time with what’s rest of the weekend to do something for yourself - get a manicure or take a walk - anything where you can take time for yourself. Maybe look through some websites for good recipes that are delicious and healthy. Here’s a few websites that have some good recipes to try.

www.bariatriceating.com
    www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com
    www.bariatricfoodie.com
    www.skinnytaste.com
    www.emilybites.com
    www.peasandcrayons.com (veggie rich)
    www.ohsheglows.com (vegetarian)
    www.cookinglight.com
    www.weightwatchers.com
    www.whatmollymade.com (keto/paleo friendly)

Good luck!
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    @buxombrunette ((hugs)) I'm so sorry for y'all's loss and for the pain you are all in right now. Every day start fresh. Release the day before and move forward. Stay IN the moment and just try your damnedest to make the next best choice. That's a lot easier if you're full--so eat your healthy meals and maybe add healthy small snacks too--every 3 hours. Also, maybe try sipping La Croix (yes carbonation) from a wine glass with lots of ice!!! It's a placebo. Or iced tea from a wine glass. Hang in there hon!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I have eaten pretty terribly for the last week. Most of it has been wine, really. I've had at least one glass every night. Then there's the chocolate. Too much going on at once. Lost my ex mother in law last week, son isn't coping, work has been crazy and I've been dumped again. The thing is, I recognised the first day that I was treating myself poorly, but i have continued on for the whole week. On a positive note, i have cooked dinner every night and I have made sure it has been protein-rich but doesn't make up for the wine and chocolate.

I hope next week goes better, this week is over beating yourself up for your choices won’t change them, but you can make different ones the next time :)