Weather

Options
Jerdtrmndone
Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,699 Member
What do you do when the weather keeps you indoors?

I am fortunate enough to have long hallways and stairs to get some activity.
The rest of the day is doing little things around the apt. but also catching up on recorded shows with DW.

My motivation is down with this weather to much hard rain.

Replies

• misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,253 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I work in a HUGE building with plenty of places to walk. I just have to get off of my rear-end and walk.

I should mention that the place is air conditioned. So, it's the perfect place to beat the heat and still get in the activity.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,094 Member
    Options
    Usually not "hot as lava" first thing in a.m. where I live and travel so I get up early and go. I have rain gear for rainy days too. I just hate staying cooped up so I get outside best I can. I have gone to the gym maybe twice this year when it was too snowy icy to do much outside.
  • FatCrankyGoat
    FatCrankyGoat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid mountain hiker living in the Pacific WET Coast - weather never keeps me indoors, the stormier it is the more I like it :-)
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    “There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.”

― Alfred Wainwright, A Coast to Coast Walk
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Treadmill.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    “There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.”

― Alfred Wainwright, A Coast to Coast Walk

Mr. Wainwright didn't walk thru Texas in August.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,983 Member
    Options
    Maybe a good book? We have been deluged with heavy rain in Georgia this spring and summer. i do have an indoor gym with a walking track that I am a member of but I'm not getting off my rear and getting over there to walk.

SW 400.8
    CW 342.6😀
    Next GW 300.0
    Final GW 185.0

58.2 lbs Total lost
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    imastar2 wrote: »
    Maybe a good book? We have been deluged with heavy rain in Georgia this spring and summer. i do have an indoor gym with a walking track that I am a member of but I'm not getting off my rear and getting over there to walk.

SW 400.8
    CW 342.6😀
    Next GW 300.0
    Final GW 185.0

58.2 lbs Total lost

I'm with you! Rainy days screen to me to curl up with a good book, and my pup who hates to get wet, loves the snuggle time!
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Philtex wrote: »
    Mr. Wainwright didn't walk thru Texas in August.

True! But up here in northern Illinois the vast majority of people whine about winter weather which is why I thought of that quote. I'm in the minority of people who whine about heat and humidity. There just is no way to be comfortable in those conditions.