Weighing in and weight lost

How often do you weigh yourself? I have this terrible habit of weighing every morning. This works for some, but not me. I've been told in the past to average my daily weights and just compare them weekly, but my problem is if I see an increase in weight from my daily weigh ins, I just quit.

Ive tried OMAD before and it did work, but my daily weigh ins is what made me quit and think I needed to try another way. I think Ive lasted 2 weeks tops on omad.

I'm thinking I should probably weigh only once a week. That will be hard bc I'm so accustomed to the daily thing.

I just dont want any weight spikes to throw me off.

How often do you weigh and how much have you lost on Omad? Has your weight gone up and down?

Replies

• catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Just weigh yourself once a week watch Joe vedio ( HOW TO WEIGH YOURSELF! ) IT WILL BE VERY HELPFUL TO YOU IN UNDERSTANDING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SCALE! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR OMAD JOURNEY KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR JOURNEY DOWN SIZING!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Weekly, sometimes longer. Why?

Day to day fluctuations aren't statistically significant.

So many items can make one "gain/lose" from day to day. Too much sodium. Female TotM. Etc.

I've been intermittent fasting/OMAD for a little over 4 months and have dropped 51 pounds. The mirror is obvious, only use a scale to quantify.

• tuftedghostdeer
    tuftedghostdeer Posts: 24 Member
    Wow. 51. That's amazing.
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Wow. 51. That's amazing.

Just follow the plan. This is simple biochemistry. It has to work.

Read all of the positive results on this forum. Listen to your logical mind, versus that voice telling you to quit. Good luck.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    @EstrangedTiger is right, follow the plan, it works.

For me, I have dropped almost 38lbs with IF/OMAD since the beginning of the year. For me, it would drive me insane and also cause me to give up if i weighed daily. I weigh weekly, log the number, and move on. If it is the same, I continue with the plan, if there is a bump up, I forget about it and continue with the plan, etc.

The OMAD group here, is great for support, and everyone is super honest about struggles on this journey.

Good luck!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You should only weigh once per week because I don't want you to get discouraged and quit if you have a gain...Don't give up!!! <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    If it bothers you don't do it! I personally like to weight and usually do so every morn and evening before I go to bed. I also just recently taped a chart on the wall and log the weight every day. It jumps all over the place up and down but I can see a trend line through the points and it is going down so that is all I care. We are operating open-loop without weighing and closed-loop with weighing. Either way you can be successful if you have a good plan. Good luck.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    When it comes to scales, I am obsessed with it. It drives me nuts when I see the weight goes up. I have been trying to only weigh myself every Saturday. Its really hard but I managed to. Not getting on the scale every single day has ensure that I did not give up on OMAD. I am 1 month into it now.