RE: "Shaking It Up"

Options

Replies

• FatCrankyGoat
    FatCrankyGoat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - good article, always a bit scary for me when I read something like this: "People who gained a moderate amount of weight (5 to 22 pounds) before the age of 55 increased their risk of premature death, chronic diseases and decreased the likelihood of achieving healthy aging. And the higher the weight gain, the greater risk of chronic diseases." HOWEVER, good motivation for lifestyle change :)
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,253 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, Al!

However, the article still leaves plenty of room for "shaking it up."

You don't have to eat the same vegetables all the time. You can choose a different fruit this week and a different one next week.

I have found that when I focus on the GHGs (old concept, I know), I lose weight. But, even then, there is plenty of room to eat different kinds of food.

Shaking it up does not mean you have to eat crappy food to satisfy the sense of variety.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,480 Member
    Options
    Thanks Al. My whole life got better when I sorta embraced boredom.

And “bored with what I’m eating” was my WW meeting pet peeve. I used to like to point out that I never thought about being bored with eating the same thing a lot when I was eating pizza 7 times per week.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,094 Member
    Options
    Interesting article. One certainly does NOT have to eat poor "junk" food to have variety. My son and DIL eat well with plenty of variety. I don't think of it as "shaking it up" so much as just having variety.
    I mostly a lot of same ole same ole but enjoy variety when I do it.
    Oh and like 88olds I wasn't bored eating steak at least 6 days a week for a whole summer once.