Weekly Post 13/08/2018 - 19/8/2018

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,967 Member
Good morning everybody! Hope you had a great weekend. Rainy here on the east coast, US. But, we still enjoyed.

My goals for this week are to stick to 1200 calories on Monday and Thursday and somewhere in between 1200 and 1500 the rest of the week. Planning to go to the gym today through Thursday.

Hey @mamainthekitchen definitely check out the Greek Salad recipe I am pretty sure I saved to the board. Also there is one I make with kale, chopped mango, blueberries, and quinoa. The recipe came with a dressing to make / use but I like a nice light balsamic to save on calories. Let me know if you are interested but can't find those. Enjoy!

Speak to you all soon. Make it a good one. ;)

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks meg, I remember your Greek salad! Just took a look at all the menu posts at the heading of our forum... I like your chickpea stews!! Once weather changes I’m gonna try a couple... love kale in stews & soups!! Thanks for posting these :)<3

Well I’ve baked quite a few items over the weekend for my low carb son.. some of which have ended in the garbage. Paleo flour by bobs red mill has been good... but to many changes to a recipe can just make you want to have jello instead! I did try oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that this paleo flour work pretty well and instead of adding the 1 cup of chocolate chips I just topped each cookie with 4 chipits each... this way seeing them is almost as good as eating them and you really get 1 in each bite!

Was about to head for a walk & pick fresh blackberries!!!! but our province has over 500 fires and even though I’m at the end tip of the province beside the ocean... the sky is a strange grey and there’s a weird glow from the sun hovering... probably not a great day to be outside. Air quality is bad in the major cities and we usually don’t get any signs here but today is different.... blackberries & my walk will have to wait!

Have a great day all of you... happy fasting!

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

@mamainthekitchen Good, so glad you like those stews! We pretty much eat them all year round for dinners. I know they are warm and it is summer, but just easier to be able to prep stuff on the weekends and reheat during the week. My guy is a good sport too. :smiley:

Ugh, that is tough with the baking. Trial and error, right? Picking fresh blackberries sounds awesome! Hope you get to pick some soon. The California wild fires have been affecting my Aunt in Nevada. She and my Uncle live in the Lake Tahoe area. She has a heart issue, so she can't be outside at all for the most part because of the smoke. :(

Not a whole heck of a lot happening here. Work has been on the quiet side since a lot of people are taking vacations, before school starts back again in a few weeks.

Yesterday at the gym I did some running and walking. Trying to mix things up. The running went pretty well. I plan on continuing to get some running in, every other day for the most part.

Have a great day and see you all soon!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the first day of school! Running around, getting the last few things done. Will be fasting tomorrow, since nerves upset my tummy, anyway. A lot of change this year. Praying it all works out for the best!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Good luck Kate! You’ll do well...

Tons of housework is going to keep me busy today.... look out dust bunnies! I’ve had a rather large veggie omelette with hot sauce and I’m coming for ya!!

Being Tuesday...happy fasting people!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Survived the first day. Sort of fasted. Sleep now. Have a good day.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Took yesterday off WOE wise, because it was Max's birthday.
    Didn't go really crazy for the most part. Had a light breakfast late morning. Then I ate a larger lunch/dinner of shrimp with linguini and all that fun stuff. Alcohol and dessert were consumed. :) Back on track today. Doing a 1200 calorie day and have not had anything to eat since we finished our lunch/dinner at 5pm yesterday. Planning to do start eating today at lunch. So far so good.

Definitely feeling a little less sore from my jogging that I started the other day. So that is good. Tonight I will plan on doing some more running and walking on the treadmill.

Congrats on your first week back, Kate! The summer flew by didn't it? Ugh. Couple more weeks and then it will start getting cooler here. I do like fall but I love summer more! That veggie omlette sounds delish Mama!

If you are fasting today, hope it goes well for you! Check in with you all soon. Have a great day!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Glad to hear you had a great time out with all the trimmings of a good time Meghan!!! Always good to celebrate then back to business!

I had a pretty good fast day today... I made a mock potatoe salad!! Yup! With cauliflower!!! I micro’d the cauliflower then rinsed with cold water and chilled.. then chilled the hard boiled eggs & continued with the rest of the stuff.. green onion radishes and bit of red pepper mayo & a plop of Dijon... diced & chopped the eggs & cauli then stirred the whole thing and chilled it before serving..... well, I liked it! The son at lest ate his but was on the fence and the husband didnt even try it!!!! Super low carb!!! And went nice with my bbq ribs !! I had porridge for lunch and a glass of almond milk and was busy so skipped the snacking!!!

Tomorrow is blackberry picking day!!! Happy Friday people!!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi gang!

Thanks @mamainthekitchen it was a really nice meal. We had a nice time too!
    I like the sound of that mock potato salad. YUMMY! Might have to try that. Glad you had a good day!

My weight loss has been so slow or non existent and very frustrating. I think I am going to take a look at my carbs and see where I can lower them a little. I can't do keto per se because of the health issue I had a few years ago. I need fiber and whole grains in my diet. But, my whole day doesn't have to revolve around them. :)

Going to keep up with my running and walking. Last night I did two five minute clips, so ten minutes of running and 35 minutes of walking. Going to see if I can get that up to 15 minutes in the next week. Little by little I would like to get in to more of a running than walking routine if possible.

Hope you guys have a great Friday! I will try and check in over the weekend. Sometimes I get caught up and forget. LOL See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, the first three days are done and everyone survived. My oldest started high school! I had a tear as I dropped him off. :'(
    Eating wise, the first weeks is always so stressful that I can't eat much. Plus I walk an additional 5-10,000 steps per day, so I expect a good loss this week.
    I hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy Friday!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Oh Kate I remember my own kids starting high school.... it’s such a different experience for them, hope your son finds more than just one good group to hang out with... I think that’s the key to success in high school. Good luck to you as the parent!!! :'( I know!!!!!!

Well I had a little leftover mock potatoe salad today...and I still liked it! If you’re trying it, after microwaving the cauli florets, make sure to chill in ice cold water asap then drain... and really make sure it all drys thoroughly before mixing the rest of your regular potato salad ingredients....sometimes I add red pepper, besides the green onion, radishes and a bit of celery, but I always squeeze the diced pepper pieces in paper towel first to get all the moisture out. This tends to be not as creamy in texture as regular potato salad but I thought it tasted quite good especially with the sliced hard boiled eggs on top for garnish!

Dinner today; my daughter was home and she made both of us “pulled” chicken from already cooked chicken, cooked corn, and a ton of bagged coleslaw with a sriracha mayo. Stirred the whole lot together really well and voila, very tasty! Tons of blackberries in the freezer now after today’s pickings but I made a crisp tonight made from my paleo flour, oatmeal, tablespoon of trivia brown sugar replacement and butter. It was very good!!!!

Meghan good for you on your running progress! I love hearing how you continue to change things up yet keep on the steady path!!! Awesome job!!!

Tomorrow I’ve got all kinds of chores to finish! But the skies are clearing from all the smoke finally so should be an awesome day!!

Happy Saturday!
    Cheers, Mama
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Sunday, all! It is raining and cool and a perfect day for sleeping in. I hope you all had a great week!
    @mamainthekitchen I like the sound of your chicken recipe! And I think my oldest will like high school more than he has liked previous years. He can find his people and maybe make a friend or two.
    @Meghan509 Keep up the great work!
    Off to the grocery store because we are OUT of groceries!