Taking wardrobe inventory.........time to eBay!

Options
ladybug2659
ladybug2659 Posts: 91 Member
As if we bariatric patients on this journey don’t have enough to contend with you get to the point that your clothes are hanging off your frame and frankly, it’s hard to let go of a variety of clothes that range in size. Many of us have dual seasonal wardrobes..... in regular and plus size. I have sizes 8 through 22. Counted at least 12 swimsuits, coverups, sarongs in colors ranging from black, blue, green, sporty, sexy, and many dresses, slacks, tops, sundresses never worn. I counted over a dozen pairs of white slacks, jeans, boot cut, jeggings, lace, pedal pushers, cargo pants..... so, it’s been a challenge. It takes time and effort to get these clothes online and when you start adding it up.... that’s a fortune in clothes you can no longer wear. Hopefully, my loss will benefit someone in need, some things I am donating to Goodwill. In the meantime.... I continue to post items every day.

Replies

• ladybug2659
    Options
    Newly added Fall Items.... 100% positive feedback. Long time member of ebay. Seller Ladybug2659.
  • Maggie_4411
    Maggie_4411 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Donating all of my clothes was hard, but fun! I tried on all of my old sizes and spent days bagging them up. I donated sizes 12-20, I'm currently at a size 4. Changing wardrobe sure got expensive, luckily got some hand-me-downs.
  • ladybug2659
    Options
    Maggie that’s fantastic. I am a big pack rat when it comes to clothes. In other words, I have vintage (oldest is from 1976) and new clothes that range from size 8 through 22w. My weight yo-yo is over now and frankly, my lifestyle has changed dramatically. It was bittersweet parting with some things but empowering as well. I donated my gowns to the American Kidney Foundation and my other everyday stuff to Goodwill. Getting ready to ebay my business attire and/or donate to women’s shelter that helps women to succeed in the workplace. My goal was to at least subsidize my clothes expense while continuing to reduce. I walk to the post office each time I have an item to send to a buyer.... that’s 4,036 steps round trip!
  • ladybug2659
    Options
    More clothes being posted.... it’s a bit scary parting with clothes.... but, down 67 lbs. and I am within lbs of my ideal weight. Not looking back.... staying positive.