Does fat content bother anyone else?

Options
Just wondering if the fat...like oils in the coffee bother anyone else. My bathroom routine is severely cursed sometimes.

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Nope, not anymore. I feel better using real butter when scrambling eggs as opposed to using pan spray. Food tastes better too.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if the fat...like oils in the coffee bother anyone else. My bathroom routine is severely cursed sometimes.

I put HWC in my first cup of coffee in the morning. That is about it for intentionally added fats. I use them for cooking, and so I will cook greens with a ham hock or use some bacon grease to fry some eggs. I figure I get enough fats in the diet just getting my protein grams in.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You don’t have to add fat to your coffee. If it doesn’t sit well with you. Don’t do it. There’s really no reason for it.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    If I tried to increase too much too fast, it bothered me. But like Sunny Bunny said, you don't need to add it if it doesn't agree with you.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't add fat to my coffee. I really just try to avoid going over my carb macros and focus on protein and eat fat to make it all yummier!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    It did at first and then sometimes when I notice my fat intake to be higher than normal, it can become annoying. But my fat goal is not one I try to hit (just stay under) so I back off for a bit and I'm fine. I don't add oil to my coffee either - I've tried it - can't stand the taste of it. The sugary coffees I used to drink would always give me the same effect. LOL
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with blending coconut oil into my coffee. I'm not even a coconut fan but find the taste to be amazing. Plus, the froth it creates makes me feel like I'm drinking a latte.
  • Kerschel
    Kerschel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use MCT oil and it does impact the bathroom routine as you put it :-). I was advised to increase it slowly until my system adjusts. I don't mind too much as the low carb eating can be low in fibre, which has its own side effects, but the oil counteracts that particular low fibre issue. :-D
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I don't put oil in my coffee and don't add globs of oils/fats to my foods either. I choose fattier cuts of meat and eat them in copious amounts. The little bit of veggies I eat are cooked in an adequate amount of fat to make them taste good and not stick to the pan. Doing these things, I am able to easily meet my fat macro.

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    MCT oil in coffee, bacon or sausage with cheese eggs daily. A little bacon grease left in pan for the eggs to not stick and I love the flavor. Avocado & tuna for lunch. Olive oil for cooking veggies and some meat or fish at dinner. Yeah I think I have the fat covered.
  • co0perboy
    co0perboy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I ve joined here as thats the thing that is a worry as i had to have my gall bladder removed so im not sure i can handle the fat
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    I hav had my gall bladder removed and have no issues with eating fat.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I have no gallbladder either but I don’t add fat to already high fat foods.
    Though I did do that at one time and didn’t bother my stomach at all.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm not sure if I have IBS or diet issues (because IBS can be triggered by diet); or if this is related to what you have; but if you are interested here are notes from WebMD at https://www.webmd.com/ibs/ibs-triggers-prevention-strategies#1

When you know the things that can make your IBS symptoms flare up, called triggers, you can make a plan to avoid them. That way, you can work on keeping problems with constipation, diarrhea, belly pain, and bloating to a minimum.

IBS is different for everyone, but it may help to keep track of how you react to the most common symptom triggers and learn to prevent them.

1. Diet Triggers for IBS Constipation

Some foods can make IBS-related constipation worse, including:

Breads and cereals made with refined (not whole) grains
    Processed foods such as chips and cookies
    Coffee, carbonated drinks, and alcohol
    High-protein diets
    Dairy products, especially cheese
    Better Diet Choices for Constipation:

Gradually boost your fiber intake by 2 to 3 grams per day until you're eating 25 (for women) or 38 (for men) grams per day. Good sources include whole-grain bread and cereals, beans, fruits, and vegetables.
    Eat a moderate amount of foods that are higher in the sugar substitute sorbitol, such as dried plums and prune juice.
    Drink plenty of plain water every day.
    Try ground flaxseed. You can sprinkle it on salads and cooked vegetables.

2. Diet Triggers for IBS Diarrhea

Foods that can make IBS-related diarrhea worse for some people include:
    Too much fiber, especially the insoluble kind you get in the skin of fruits and vegetables
    Food and drinks with chocolate, alcohol, caffeine, fructose, or sorbitol
    Carbonated drinks
    Large meals
    Fried and fatty foods
    Dairy products, especially in people who can’t digest the milk sugar lactose, called lactose intolerance
    Foods with wheat for people who are allergic to or have a bad reaction to gluten.

Better Diet Choices for Diarrhea:

Eat a moderate amount of soluble fiber. It adds bulk to your stools. Good sources are whole wheat breads, oats, barley, brown rice, whole-grain pasta, the flesh of fruit (not the skin), and dried fruits.
    Don't eat foods at opposite temperatures, such as ice-cold water and steaming hot soup, in the same meal.
    Stay away from broccoli, onions, and cabbage. They cause gas, which can make you feel worse.
    Eat smaller portions.
    Drink water an hour before or after meals, not while you eat.
    Talk with your doctor or a dietitian if you think you may have a wheat allergy.
    To ease symptoms of bloating and gas, try to avoid gassy foods such as beans, Brussels sprouts, wheat germ, raisins, and celery.