Missing my candy!

Options
cindy2021
cindy2021 Posts: 15 Member
I need help please! I always loved gummy bears and chocolate and have been really missing candy lately. I need a sweet fix soon before I cheat and eat a whole bag of gummies. Is there any candy acceptable for keto? Or a candy substitute? I just really miss my sweets. Any good recipes maybe?

Replies

• astripli
    astripli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to pop a sugar free worthers oringinal when i get my sweet tooth. Also i accidentally found a really good desert. Take 2 scoops chocolate flavored whey protein powder, 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, and water to taste. Mix then freeze in a popsicle container. May need to adjust measurements for your taste, but it tastes like a fudge pop.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If you like coconut as well, I have found a few almond joy copycats that look to work for me (granted the one I have made so far used sweetened coconut flakes because i didn't have any unsweetened on-hand). Pinterest has a lot of ideas that look like they will work for keto-friendly homemade sweets. Which is a good thing for me since I have a huge sweet tooth (or 32).
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    There are lots of sugar-free candies that should work on keto.

There are also keto friendly chocolates - most dark chocolate is relatively low carb assuming you aren't eating a ton of it.

Also consider some herbal teas like the fruit teas or licorice as they can give you that sweet flavor without any actual sugar - just pay attention to labels as some teas do have sugar and you want to avoid those.
  • TheTortoiseWins
    TheTortoiseWins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Choczero and Curly Girlz both have good keto-friendly chocolate candy. You can order them online. They are a bit pricey, but delicious!
  • Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Lots of great suggestions here already. My g onto lately has been 1 square of lindt 90% dark chocolate and abought 15g of pecans with a bit of salt. It's so good. I also really like making sugar free jello. All you need is gelatin and some sugar free water flavouring. So easy, low calorie too. You can make a couple portions and they keep in the fridge well. I've also added collagen to my jello to help add some protein.
  • LeLum5
    LeLum5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Chocolate mug cake with keto whipped cream is bomb!