So Tired!!

Options
Jocoryei01
Jocoryei01 Posts: 5 Member

I'm taking Magnesium.potasium and pink salt. I'm only into week 2 and have so far lost 7lbs😁
Only thing j can think is some days I'm not eating enough calories. My calories came in at 1300 but some days iv only managed 900. Any ideas welcome thanks x

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    So how much salt are you getting in milligrams? The most frequent suggestion for sodium is ~3000-5000 mg/day. That is generally way more than just salting your food. Some people need more depending on their activity level, intake of liquids, etc meaning the more active you are or the more liquids you consume the higher your supplementation of sodium might need to be.

When I'm extremely low carb, I get "legs of lead" on my walks and feel like I'm dragging myself up the stairs if I don't up my sodium. Measure and eat more salt if you don't have a medical need not to.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Probably not enough salt.
    Also, you’re adapting to burning fat efficiently. It’ll take a little time to do that well. Eating too little can be a factor but probably less so if it’s just a random day here and there and if you have plenty of body fat, that counts as food to a degree.
  • cindy2021
    cindy2021 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I felt this way in the beginning too. But someone recommended I drink powerade zero to up my electrolytes and I noticed a change immediately. electrolytes really helped me. Now I drink half a bottle of powerade zero daily.
  • astripli
    astripli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Energy level has been an issue for me too. I take magnesium, multi vitamin, cod liver oil, Omega 3, and potassium at bedtime and a apple cider vinegar complex and B1 in the morning, these really help boost my energy immediately. I also make sure i keep my electrolytes up, as well as adding salt where i can. I still get tired especially after a meal, but a caffeine boost at those times really help.
  • jjfreebird59
    jjfreebird59 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use Lyte Show in my water for electrolytes. No taste, no sugar, no calories, nothing artificial. Got it on Amazon.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    I am in the sodium camp wrt recommendations too. I have my goal set at 4000 mg. I liberally salt my food. As long as I log over 3000 mg, the liberal salting seems to get me where I need to be to avoid symptoms. Now that it is summer and I am losing a little more to sweat, I am trying to keep logged sodium in the 4000+ range.
  • tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    more salt and more fat. You have to eat. If you're not eating it's no wonder why you're so tired and not feeling good.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Normally you should not reel tired but energized. Carbs are the ones that weight us down. Maybe taking vitamins will help. Also have your thyroid hormones checked.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,706 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    From the duplicate thread:
    kpk54 wrote: »
    While you may be "taking pink salt" it may not be enough. Lethargy is common when electrolytes are out of balance. How much sodium are you getting in your diet? What I see most frequently suggested for keto is 3000-5000 mg daily. Some people report needing more based on general biology or activity level.

How much sodium are you getting?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Lol. Thanks for moving it. Looks like I'm pretty consistent in my answers though. :p