Weekly Post 20/08/2018 - 26/8/2018

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,958 Member
Good morning everybody!!

We are off again with a new week! Where has summer gone!? Boo hoo...

The weather was cloudy, overcast and a little rainy most of the weekend. Not as fun as if it were sunny! But, the nice thing is we got to the gym yesterday! Sometimes we will take both Saturday and Sunday off - all depends on weather / mood, etc. Also my guy has an issue with some hip pain so we don't like to go too crazy if he is hurting.

Thank you guys, for the comments on my running! Yesterday was a walk, but today I am planning to get some running in again. Little by little I will get there. :)

Today is a 1200 calorie day for me. Quinoa "Fried" Rice for lunch with a veggie burger and taco lentil soup for dinner today. To get to 1200 I will have a few healthy snacks during the afternoon. Not planning on eating anything today until lunch time.

Hope you have a good day and I will speak to you all soon!

Replies

• dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. It's been a long while since I've fasted or posted, which has resulted in no new weight loss. So yesterday I planned my week and today was Fast Day #1 for the week. I had a banana and some carrots and celery around noon, and fish with mushrooms, noodles, and salsa for dinner. Total calorie cont is only 380, so trying to decide on desert!

FD #2 will be Thursday. I donate blood tomorrow night and am training to run a 14k next month, so need to do a lot of planning to make sure I have energy for my training.

Question: how do the rest of you train and fast? I know the authors say not to worry, but until I can get up early each morning, I'm exercising at the end of the day. Even without fasting I do way better if I have a protein bar on my way to the gym. I'm also not sure I'd get enough protein post workout. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good Morning!

@dryheatfitness Hope the rest of your day went well yesterday for your fast! Your run next month sounds awesome - good for you!
    As far as training and fasting, I can't say I am "training" for anything, but when I was doing 5/2 and eating 500ish calories per day, I would exercise. I am a cardio person, so I do treadmill, bike, etc. I have worked out on an empty stomach plenty of times on the weekends when we go to the gym in the morning/mid day. I have never had an issue with lack of energy or feeling sick. Lately I am doing around 1200-1500 per day and I go after work, but before dinner. Have not had a lack of energy then either.
    What I would probably do in your case since you are probably doing a pretty hearty run, is to make sure you are eating enough protein. Yes, a bar is good or you could do a protein shake. Pick up a protein powder and mix with water or almond milk. Or if you have more calories then add fruits, spinach, etc. Could also have some nuts, or a rice cake with peanut butter for energy. Have heard good things about BCAA's or Branch Chain Amino Acids, and people who drink those before their workouts to help with energy and aid with recovery. If you do a search on the internet you will come up with some fruity varieties and most of them are low or calorie free.

My day went well yesterday. Got some running in at the gym. Did 10 minutes of running and 35 minutes of walking. Not quite ready to add another five minutes to my routine yet. Maybe tomorrow if I am feeling okay.

Have a good day and speak to you guys soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

Hope you are having a good week.

Rode the bike last night at the gym, to try and shake things up. Will do some running tonight again.

Have a good day. Will check in again later to see if anybody stopped by. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Thursday...
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yup! Happy Thursday meg!

It’s so overcast with smoke around here (my province is on fire again!) the news reports talk about us having worse air quality than Beijing! I’ve been avoiding long walks even with my dog!!! We need a good rain!!

Food wise I’ve been very creative lately. Cauliflower ground up in the food processor has been such a hit!! Bbq ‘d more marinated chicken thighs then kept them sliced & pkgd in the fridge for wraps, salads & quesadillas! The only guilty times I have are with wine in the evening especially if the daughter is driving me crazy!!

Good to hear from you @dryheatfitness !
    Glad to know you’re still plugging along with 5:2. I’m also not ‘training’ in my life right now. Although I’m one of those that loves to walk my 4-5k in the morning while still in a fasted state. My hubs on the other hand, will do weights with a full stomach of leftover spaghetti for lunch!! He in fact can not work out at all if he has not eaten. The odd time I’d feel the need for say a cheese stick or glass of almond milk beforehand.... which gave me the boost needed without too many calories/carbs to kick me out of a fast day. Let us know how you come along with that.

Tomorrow’s Friday!! Woohoo

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Sorry people...been around, but spending time with family. Trying to get our house back in shape. Redoing floors and I forgot to login this weekend...blew my streak at 998 days. Doh!

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Hopefully with the kids back in school and the Fall heading in, I'll be able to get back to posting more often. Thank y'all ( especially @Meghan509 ) for keeping things going.

Have a good weekend,
    Rus
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi gang!

I understand the summer gets slow 'round here. You should see our parking garage at work! Seems everybody is on vacation! School starts late next week for the kids around here.

Sorry you are dealing with those fires @mamainthekitchen
    I agree with you about liking to exercise when fasting. I feel like it is a nice way to get the day started. I like doing intermittent fasting because more often then not, I am just not hungry in the AM. I can hold off until lunch. Just don't mess around with my dinner! LOL

@orlcam sorry you lost your streak. UGH. Not sure you are interested but did you know that you can click around in here somewhere and ask to have it reinstated? I believe they will do it right away. My guy did that since he had been logging in but one day it must not of registered. He got his streak back.
    No worries about the slow board lately. I find checking in here helps me stay a little more accountable. Even if I am talkin' to myself sometimes. I am happy to help out and keep the show running. :)

I am still arguing with the scale here, but not going to stress about it. Been adding in some running and eating a lot of fibre so assume there is possibly some water weight involved. WHATEVER!

Hope you guys have a great weekend. I am planning to pop in and out, but just in case, smooches! :D
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.... ruined my fast yesterday!! Was doing so well then lost mind set!! Next Tuesday will be my next fast then... trying to do more than one a week is just about killing me right now! Geez!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Anyone out here using flour substitutes for baking? So far Rob’s Red Mill brand called Paleo flour is pretty good... half the amount of carbs as AP flour. Almond flour pancakes have been pretty good too!

@orlcam yes somehow you’re able to restore it...like Meghan said, it’s been done, and somehow I was able to restart on purpose! But not sure how I did that!!! Good luck! And enjoy the rest of the summer!

Happy weekend people!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! I am just plugging right along. I lost almost 2 pounds this week. I am totally stressed out and overwhelmed, but fasting and weight loss is one of the few things I can control right now. Maybe all this stress is a blessing in disguise.
    @mamainthekitchen Sorry about all the smoke. We have been getting some of it clear out here in the middle of the US. I can't imagine how bad it must be where you are! :(
    @Meghan509 Glad you are doing well. The scale isn't as important as how you feel. :)
    @orlcam You can reset your streak on the website for sure, and possibly in the app. Do a search in the forums and they will have a link. :)
    @dryheatfitness Welcome back!
    Off to clean house and write a paper. Have a great week! Happy fasting!