Coconut Oil..good or evil?

memelizzy
memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
Hi everyone! I am back after a long absence from MFP and I thought I would check the forum to see if anyone had been commenting on the latest negative info on coconut oil by a Harvard professor. Any discussion pro or con discussions would be appreciated since I haven't found anyone to debate it by googling. Thanks so much!

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I don’t have a link but Zoe Harcombe just made a great blog post about it
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,373 Member
    I don’t have a link but Zoe Harcombe just made a great blog post about it

I couldn't find the coconut blog, but I did find this blog about the new study that claims us low-carbers are going to die young...

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2018/08/low-carb-diets-could-shorten-life-really/
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    memelizzy wrote: »
    Hi ever@yone! I am back after a long absence from MFP and I thought I would check the forum to see if anyone had been commenting on the latest negative info on coconut oil by a Harvard professor. Any discussion pro or con discussions would be appreciated since I haven't found anyone to debate it by googling. Thanks so much!

@memelizzy welcome back. Coconut and coconut oil is a major source of fat for me the last 4 years on Keto. This study seemed to be based on non keto carb levels so that is nothing I can take away from the results personally. I just know I love coconut and the health improvement over the last 4 years.
  • memelizzy
    Thank you everyone..my husband saw the video dissing coconut oil actually so I have been scrambling to find accurate info..sunny bunny and ccdragon I will check out Zoe Harcolme..I too have used coconut oil in my coffee and to fry with for several years now Gale..it's just that same old naysaying group I guess trying to impede progress😊
  • memelizzy
    DvlDwnInGA I just watched the little video..so funny I cracked up😂