Three Months

Options
krystonite
krystonite Posts: 553 Member
The first time I ever even heard of Keto was when I was watching Jersey Shore lol One of the guys on there kept going on about it and how much weight he lost (which he did lose a lot) and how much better he feels all around. I tend to go into full-blown research mode whenever there is something I don't know about. So I researched the heck out of Keto. I was sold.

I knew a change had to be made. I was at the heaviest I'd ever been in my life, eating everything that crossed my path. And it wasn't just that I was eating everything, I was eating the worst kinds of foods imaginable with no regard for my body and health whatsoever. Often feeling very sluggish, none of my clothes fitting, dreading whenever someone wanted to take group photographs or selfies. I actually began going to work in yoga pants because they were the only things that would just barely fit me. Which completely interfered with my work, because as a leader I couldn't lead when I wasn't feeling my best. I couldn't be a leader when I couldn't even lead my own life.

Carbs and me just do not get along. Everything about the ketogenic lifestyle agrees with me. So I decided that enough would be enough and I'd make the necessary change. It was either I was going to continue on the path I was on and resign myself to an unhealthy life, or I was going to get real about the weight I needed to lose, and, more importantly, re-evaluate my relationship with food.

I have been on keto for a little over three months now and I have lost 21 pounds. More than that, I FEEL absolutely amazing. I have energy that I've never had before. My skin is glowing. My teeth look whiter. My digestive system is incredible. Before keto I always had an upset stomach. It was continual. Since going on keto, I've not had a single stomach ache. My thoughts are clear. I'm more disciplined. I'm actually enthusiastic about my journey for once.

I just got through trying on all of my old clothes that used to fit when I was in shape.... and they all fit again! It's the most incredible feeling in the world. To feel in control of my own health.

For me, keto is not a diet. It's a lifestyle. I definitely allowed myself 3 or 4 "cheat" meals during these past three months, and what was most important is that I was able to go right back to my keto ways seamlessly.

I wanted to say thank you - to this group and to MFP in general. Being diligent with logging my food has been paramount. And reading everything in this group for the past three months has been a tremendous support and motivator. So thank you.

Keep Calm and Keto On!!!

Replies

• AgaeCan
    AgaeCan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work!
  • tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats and keep up the good work. I've been keto for 20 months. I'm down 60 pounds and feel better than ever. I feel better at 45 than I did at 30. Love the keto way of life
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing it.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing indeed. Keep up!!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    @krystonite So good to hear thoughts echoed by a fellow keto-sister. Well said!
  • LipsLikeSykur
    LipsLikeSykur Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! I'm right there with you with all the positives that come with keto. I feel so much better. Congrats!
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on keto for 4 months now and it’s really helped with my weight loss struggles. I don’t seem to lose weight as easily as other people. It feels good to finally kick that sugar craving I had and seeing the number on the scale go down each week. This is definitely a lifestyle change for me as well.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I love a success story. Congratulations. :)