Pre-diabetes

Options
krythie
krythie Posts: 84 Member
I have been pre-diabetic for several years now. I had a real scare a few years ago when I developed pancreatitis due to a gallstone plugging the pancreatic duct. I recovered but one of the adverse reactions from my issue is developing full blown diabetes. Fortunately all was resolved and I went back to being pre-diabetic. My last labs a couple weeks ago showed my A1C as 5.9 and my average daily glucose 125. My triglycerides are off the map and the rest of cholesterol panel is not great either. So I am back on trusty MFP to get my body back in shape. It's so hard for me to eat properly because I work nights, and I get so hungry in the middle of the night. Potato chips have become a mainstay, but the last night I worked I said no to myself and stuck to my healthy lunch from home. I was able to reduce my hunger with water. Score!

Replies

• irisgal1
    irisgal1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    congrats on the water score!! I just had my A1c come in at 6.7. Trying the eating right and tracking y foods again. So I've come back to MFP to help me with that.
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I congratulate you on your desire to be healthy. I am a nurse and I see so many folks with type 2 diabetes, and the medical and psychological issues it causes. I am trying hard not to be a statistic. If you ever have any suggestions or words of encouragement, feel free to offer them.