When you’re not hungry, but meeting with friends.

Options
jamilyn916
jamilyn916 Posts: 8 Member
What do you do when you’re not hungry, but meeting up with friends? Are you polite & eat with them? Do you make excuses why you’re not eating with them? Do you feel rude? I personally have felt all of these!

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is a huge problem in my life too. I am a compulsive over eater and anytime around food, social etc. is huge for me. I do the best I can. Have a nice filling drink ie cappucino or something eat a side salad. Its actually very difficult for me, I'm just not comfortable.
  • alspran
    alspran Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't eat some times, if it is a spur of the moment outing and that just takes time to get used to. If I know I'll be going out I save my calories for the end of the day and usually look up a menu ahead of time and plan(YELP is my go to site as they have like every restaurant). If I see the menu hours before I go out I can find something healthier and can point out the things I might have missed...ex: "chicken sandwich with our famous MAYO" and "seafood plate tossed in our CREAMY garlic sauce"
    order the chicken-no mayo
    order a seafood plate that does not have a cream sauce

*I tell myself 21 days to form a habit...until that time is up I prepare myself for it to be difficult and uncomfortable
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I say I am not hungry or encourage them to merely order an appetizer to share (prob not a healthy one...even wings have skin and are deep fried. Impromptu friend gatherings are tough but it is easiest to say shucks I already ate but I will come visit with you. It is so difficult to watch others hoark down the yummy smelling food. Inside I feel envy, anger and frustration that I can no longer eat whatever and how much I want. It is worse when ppl invite you out for a drink...I hate diet soda and getting just water seems pathetic. I so hate drinking my calories unless it is milk but I totally overdrink on that as well if I don't measure it or use a glass I know holds x amount.