Hey Guys.

Options
Red_Dwarf74
Red_Dwarf74 Posts: 38 Member
My name is Steve, I weigh 349lbs after today's weigh in,feel free to add me for support. 2018 is my second and FINAL stab at losing the weight for good. I am 39lbs closer to my first target. 2018 is the year I take back control!!

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Steve!
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    welcome Steve !!
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome Steve! We are all in this together!
  • Red_Dwarf74
    Options
    Hey, thanks for adding me guys. Lets make 2018 something very special!!
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi, @Red_Dwarf74 (aka Steve).

Welcome. I think that positive energy is a definite plus when making significant lifestyle change. You are definitely well on your way. What have you been doing or focusing on that has resulted in the -39 lb loss to date? Do share. :)
  • Red_Dwarf74
    Options
    Hi @PloddingTurtle where to I begin haha, well I was an emotional eater, it was my way of coping with my depression. I've known for quite some time ( watching the weight creep back up and up ) that if I didn't do something about it I would eat myself into an early grave. Near the end of last year I promised myself that I was going to make changes to my health this year, especially how I eat.

It's took me months to get myself in the correct frame of mind and I didn't start losing weight this time until I was in the proper mindset. I started by not buying in junk food and began eating healthier, mindfully and with a vision, a great vision of a slimmer me. I wake up EVERY day with that vision, I go to bed visioning that vision. I meditate almost, imagining the best me I can be. And I am going to become the slimmest me I have ever been.

I believe it with all my heart. I want it with all my heart and I will have it. 2018 is the year I take back control, and finally give my body some long overdue love back. Luckily, so far I have good health and it's absolutely wreckless of me to continue through life behaving the way I was.

My relationship with food has changed, I have changed and for the better. And anyone can do it, you just got to want it BAD enough. I'm not the same guy that I was when I lost 98lbs in 2013 and put it all back on!! I am badder, more confident, more experienced and more hungry than ever :)

• PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Applause. Nicely said, @Red_Dwarf74. That pretty much mirrors my own approach (this time), and I haven't doubted for a moment that I'm going to be successful since starting in February. I also worked out small actionable steps and goals from the start. Wanting to "get healthy" or "lose weight" is too vague. Eataing at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily or walking 10,000 steps daily become actionable things I can strive to do every day. I too have been pretty positive and upbeat. It really does feel like everything is firing on all cylinders.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I log daily and I am an active supporter on the threads of those who friend me.
  • Red_Dwarf74
    Options
    Thank you kindly @PloddingTurtle you are correct that ' get healthy ' or ' lose weight ' is vague, but it's why we are here right? It really is complex, I could write a book on it, and I might. Adding you right now. I also log in every day. I got streaks to kill haha :)
  • bigghunny
    bigghunny Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @Red_Dwarf74 Hi Steve and welcome. A little late but nevertheless welcome to add me as well. :)
  • Red_Dwarf74
    Options
    Thank you very much for the warm welcome everyone and @bigghunny :) Friend Request sent!