Fitting In Fitness

Options
jchesler125
jchesler125 Posts: 1 Member
Can you share how you fit in fitness to an already full day? I feel like I have to get up an hour earlier in the morning just to make sure that I work out, but I am losing out on much needed sleep. Any ideas/solutions?

Replies

• GingerM150
    GingerM150 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel like that's a very good question! I have been trying to figure this one out myself. Starting to think that maybe the best way to get in exercise (with my busy lifestyle) it's make time for it before bed. I usually let my kids have some screen time after dinner and homework has been done Etc during the school year. I just feel like that might be the opportune time for me to get in a quick 60 Minute Workout. Have you come up with any ideas for yourself?
  • Shatz2000
    Shatz2000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a baby girl who is about 8 months old. She’s pretty active, but I’ve been trying to find a fun activity for us to do together that is fun and great exercise for both me and my daughter. She likes to roll around, she likes music (Mozart and ballet kind of music, it helps her sleep), she likes butterflies and Stuffed unicorns, and she likes to dance and kick. But, she is still too young for a lot of the toys I have seen for infants, and she is very active. She was born almost a month premature and she is advanced at somethings, but she is also a little behind on some other things. If you have any suggestions I will be so grateful. Thank you
  • kpl2013
    kpl2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    GingerM150 wrote: »
    I feel like that's a very good question! I have been trying to figure this one out myself. Starting to think that maybe the best way to get in exercise (with my busy lifestyle) it's make time for it before bed. I usually let my kids have some screen time after dinner and homework has been done Etc during the school year. I just feel like that might be the opportune time for me to get in a quick 60 Minute Workout. Have you come up with any ideas for yourself?

I agree - I feel like before bed is the only time I have to focus on myself. But then I feel like I’m missing sleep or time with my kid if I do it then. Plus I feel like it pumps me up & makes unit harder to fall asleep. The best luck I’ve had is with just getting up every couple hrs @ work and either walking around or stretching or doing chores since I work from home. It’s not an intense exercise, but it’s movement.
    Shatz2000 wrote: »
    I have a baby girl who is about 8 months old. She’s pretty active, but I’ve been trying to find a fun activity for us to do together that is fun and great exercise for both me and my daughter. She likes to roll around, she likes music (Mozart and ballet kind of music, it helps her sleep), she likes butterflies and Stuffed unicorns, and she likes to dance and kick. But, she is still too young for a lot of the toys I have seen for infants, and she is very active. She was born almost a month premature and she is advanced at somethings, but she is also a little behind on some other things. If you have any suggestions I will be so grateful. Thank you

My daughter is 5, but even when she was little, we used to dance together. I would hold her & swing around. Or lay her on her back on the floor & dance around her. She loves it & now that she’s older she dances with me. It makes me feel like I’m teaching her good physical activity habits to incorporate dancing in daily life. Plus when you are dancing with little ones, it’s hard to care how silly you look lol