Options
NareenaTheGypsy
NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
I saw the group here is pretty much dead. We can't have that and do the OTF workouts, now can we? :disappointed: So.. please post if you're new here, just saw this and joined or have been here but been quietly hiding behind the treadmills.

My name is Gypsy. I have over 75 lbs to lose. I go to OTF at least 3 times a week, watch what I eat and I am trying to get back to running shape for 5 and 10Ks in my area. Add me if you need a friend or want someone to bounce OTF chatter back and forth with! o:)

Replies

• emilytimandjojo
    emilytimandjojo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Gypsy! I started with OTF 3 weeks ago. I try to go M-F. I dont know what my goals are. I know i have a lot to lose, but no idea really how much or how long it will take me. Otherwise, i want to get strong and be a "jogger" instead of a power walker. :)
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    New to OT. Finished my third workout of my first week. LOVE IT!!! Hoping this gets me where I want to be. Started my fitness journey 6 years ago. Lost 50 lbs and now up about 8 of those.... goal is to get those 8 off.... loosing fat and gaining muscle. Want to be strong and lean!
  • davidkubica
    davidkubica Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to OTF. Adding it in as I needed an extra boost from my usual gym workout. Finished a couple of workouts and am going once a week as I am continuing my gym routine as well.. LOVE IT so far. goal is to just stay fit and feel good
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm new to OTF since December. I'm currently going 4-5 times a week at 5:00 a.m. I'd look to add those of you that are active on here for encouragement. I'm currently doing the OTF challenge and lost an inch in my waist the first week. I am struggling with getting enough protein and decreasing or equaling out my carbs. i work in the public schools so fruit is super easy and quick to squeeze in between students. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Add me if you'd like to encourage one another!
  • allisonkeepsgoing
    allisonkeepsgoing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Reviving this thread, looking for support!

I started OTF 2 weeks ago and am already seeing results. I don’t weigh myself often enough to know how much weight I’ve lost, but a friend who saw me right before I started it and again 2 weeks later said I looked thinner in the face, and I’ve noticed my clothes fitting better.

My first class, I made it less than halfway through before I felt like I was going to throw up and had to leave. After that I’ve watched my HR more carefully to make sure I’m more orange, less red.

I am massively sore from these workouts, despite taking my protein intake very seriously. But my base incline while power walking has already increased by 2%, so that’s incredibly motivating.

I’m the type to need a big, high stakes performance goal (vs health or appearance goal) to work towards or I’ll get lazy and quit. I’m using OTF to train for a high altitude (14,900’ pass) trek in Peru at the end of May. Very tight timing for this kind of training, I really started too late.