Why is a Healthy Gut Important for Weight Loss?

Options
c93marie
c93marie Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2018 in Social Groups
I've been doing research and learning about natural diets. Came across very interesting topics. Apparently a healthy gut = a healthy life. The communication between your gut and brain can affect digestion, mood and other body systems that's why its given nickname is the “second brain.” Keep your second brain healthy and supported. What I'm getting in my 10 day cleanse is studied to protect my gut from GMOs, Aloe Digest supports digestion and provide pure, plant nutrition. We need to eat what will help flush harmful toxins, support “good” bacteria and repair our microbiome. I should get this cleanse in a few days and I'm so excited! ❤ What are some good tips and foods that are beneficial and healing to our digestion? What are some common foods and beverages that can be hurting our gut aka "second brain"?

Replies

• c93marie
    c93marie Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Here is an ineresting article I came across today while studying about gut health. There is so much to learn and watch about our bodies. Spreading the knowledge is needed and necessary!

15ey3hnvzona.png

Genetically modified foods (GMO) are becoming increasingly more impossible to avoid. Breakfast cereal, breads, ice cream…even fruits and vegetables. Some experts point to a controversial herbicide called glyphosate that is associated with GMO foods. This chemical kills organisms that are not GMOs, including your healthy gut bacteria and glyphosate residue can’t be washed off or cooked out of foods. Although the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) claims the chemical used to kill weeds has low toxicity, the World Health Organization and National Academy of Sciences have identified glyphosate residue as a “probable carcinogen in humans” and on July 7, 2017, the State of California added it to the Proposition 65 list.’

Glyphosate has been in the news A LOT recently.

Ben & Jerry’s ice cream just announced their plans to stop the use of glyphosate-contaminated ingredients and launch organic dairy options next year. Laura Peterson, a spokeswoman for Ben & Jerry’s, told the press, “Glyphosate is one of the most widely used herbicides in agriculture and is everywhere – from mainstream food, to natural and organic food, and even rainwater – and that’s the issue.”

Recent studies have suggested that the gut is a “second brain” of our bodies. And, when your gut has been compromised due to poor nutrition or lack of good bacteria, it may cause some health issues, such as poor digestion, bloating, mental clarity, fatigue, headaches, joint pain or weight gain. In fact, the microbiome is responsible for 80% of our immune response!

To maintain a healthy second brain, it’s important to eat high-quality, organic foods that support healthy digestion, help food breakdown and protect the gut from chemicals found in foods, such as glyphosate.
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ah yes...Roundup! Toxic to all, including animals. I have had two dogs develop cancer in the last ten years. I believe it's due to widespread herbicide use in my area. I try very hard to keep my dog off toxic lawns, but it's almost impossible.
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For a healthy gut and good part of a detox, I love local organic raw honey, in Bragg's organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar and filtered water. I drink it warm or room temperature in the morning through a glass or metal reusable straw, to reduce the effects of acetic acid on my teeth. Rinse your mouth out after drinking, and don't brush your teeth for at least 30 minutes after the drink. Do not eat or drink anything acidic immediately after drinking an apple cider vinegar mix. I love the taste and it not only helps my digestive system, but helps with weight loss too.