Net carbs?

Options
I’m looking to aim for 25 net carbs per day, but when I put in what I’ve had to eat today (plus an estimate for later) I’m over by 2. It’s simple things I’d never think of, like red peppers, green beans, etc.

How do you keep your net carbs within a decent range?

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry much if you are only off by 2 net carbs. The way I did this was to make a list of Keto safe foods and then I figured out how to prepare them. I then used MFP to create my recipe and can load that easily and know how many net carbs per meal I'm looking at. I'm a fairly consistent on my food use so can go weeks with the same breakfast etc making it super easy.
  • imlightning
    imlightning Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I can eat the same thing over and over. Steak and sautéed mushrooms for an entire week? Sign me up!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,691 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    My go-to meals are code, turkey jerky, scrambled eggs, turkey burgers or protein shakes. Mix up the veggies and sauces and this girl is content. :)

I keep my net carbs @ <50, so that gives me more range. But eating the same stuff all the time makes it easy to hit.
  • 2fat4hat
    2fat4hat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I thought I b a little bit bold and put this link here https://perfectketo.com/myfitnesspal-net-carbs/ . There is a small tutorial on how to add script which will display NET CARBS on MFP diary. Should work on any PC using a modern browser.
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was adding my food thinking I was going over my carbs, but someone told me to subtract my fiber from my total carbs, this would give me my net carbs. I am now lower on net carbs than required... not sure if this is a good thing or not...just started Monday.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I was adding my food thinking I was going over my carbs, but someone told me to subtract my fiber from my total carbs, this would give me my net carbs. I am now lower on net carbs than required... not sure if this is a good thing or not...just started Monday.

Personal choice. I personally just counted total.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting (like I am) I'm subtracting the fiber. I figure that's enough of an adjustment on carbs for us newbies.
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals before I eat them so I don’t go over