Welcome to the Keto Support Group!

Options
CaitMinusWeight
CaitMinusWeight Posts: 26 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
Hi there and welcome! I have dabbled in Keto throughout the years and have just recently started it up again, but this time I'm on a mission to stick with it. I took a browse through the community groups and didn't find the type of support group I wanted for Keto specific dietary needs, so I started this one and I see we already have some members, which is exciting!

Please follow Community Guidelines. Not doing so could lead to dismissal from the group.

Lastly, if you know other Keto eaters, feel free to invite them!

Thank you for your interest!
Caitlin

Replies

• monikaseelig
    monikaseelig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be here! Today is my first Keto day and I'm nervous but excited. Thank you for starting this group.
  • pennybutton
    pennybutton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My first day too. Where can I find out more, and what to eat please?
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My first day too. Where can I find out more, and what to eat please?

I don't do high fat keto (for a number of reasons) but I follow high protein, moderate fat, low carb. The most helpful resources I have found are the following Facebook pages: "Ketogenic Dieters", "KETOGAINS", and "KETO WOMEN WIN!"

As far as I'm concerned, everything needed to be successful with Keto can be found in the pinned post of the 'Ketogenic Dieters' page, especially since there are so many opinions out there (many of which are conflicting). I appreciate that these groups are sound when it comes to science, nutrition and fitness along with never ending success stories!
  • rmgarden
    rmgarden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello - Day 4 of doing Keto. I'm following the Diet Doctor 2 week challenge.
  • mauimarie
    mauimarie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Excited to find a support group/community for Keto. I tried it with success Jan- Oct of 2017 but life (job/baby) caught up with me and I derailed and gained back weight. Ate carbs with a vengeance! Need to reboot and refresh my Keto eating plan and look forward to reading/sharing here! 😊💫❤️
  • mauimarie
    mauimarie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I ate things like pork rinds when I first did Keto but won’t include them this round. Hope to have a solid 6 weeks under my belt soon.
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just started keto yesterday. I am also doing a 14 day challenge. I'm looking forward to some clean eating and connecting with all of you.
  • Laura5267
    Laura5267 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there....I new to the group and I went online and found a Keto Calculator. It recommends that I should track my calorie intake as well. Are any of you doing this intentionally? See article: https://www.ruled.me/counting-calories-on-ketogenic-diet/

This is the link to do your own: https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/#bodyfat
    ydfq1y8vlgnk.jpg

• sasiemama884
    sasiemama884 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the group and Keto, I've been looking for a good support group for easy recipes and great advice. My first question is, does anyone eat the fat bombs? I've only tried making one with strawberry and cream cheese. Any recommendations? :)
  • Majkaeileen
    Majkaeileen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am beginning the Keto diet and am glad that I found this group. Is there a good app out there that will help me as I am a little lost as to how to keep track of everything.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    this app tracks everything.
  • Majkaeileen
    Majkaeileen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is it possible for my fitness pal to keep track of net carbs?
  • TheMoxieMama
    TheMoxieMama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto yesterday. Looking for Keto on a Budget tips.
  • shalarius
    shalarius Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I been doing Keto for about a three weeks now!!! It’s a struggle!!! Please provide any tips and pointers to keep going
  • nandyt001
    nandyt001 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am excited to begin my keto journey. Been doing a lot of reading and research to make sure I get things right. Looking forward to sharing with you all. Please share any tips/tricks if any. I have 20 stubborn pounds to loose, and am so ready to do this!
  • Lala_LowCarbie
    Lala_LowCarbie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Looking for more keto friends for inspiration and support, add me!
  • Rock2007
    Rock2007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there y'all! I'm new to keto and have been struggling. Thank you @CaitMinusWeight for this support group :)