Super September!!

Options
UncleMac
UncleMac Posts: 12,922 Member
edited October 2018 in Social Groups
This year is going past way, way too fast!!

Happy Labour Day weekend!!

As we're heading into autumn, what's your fitness plan?

Replies

• Cavspider
    Cavspider Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Walking four miles each day as long as weather permits. Hit the elliptical when I have to. Body weight workouts three times a week. Darebee.com is a great resource for such things. Keep logging food and overcoming my weakness for all the bad food my wife stocks in the pantry. That's about it. Wish me luck!
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Only a few more days of holiday eating. Serenity Now!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options
    Keep rowing M-W-F-Sa until it gets too cold to be safe, or the river gets crunchy, subsequently sulk until Thanksgiving, then decide whether I can handle the Concept 2 Holiday Challenge this year. Spin Tu-Th throughout, try to get back to weight training in off season if the physical therapy lady says it's OK, make myself swim once a week or so if I must and can (dang, I hate to swim ;) ).
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    My MAIN exercise is walking my dogs in the mornings. Today I burned 300cal. I do go to the gym too. Treadmill or elliptical, then a few machines for arms & 1 for abs, then the pool or practice racquetball for the cardio. I like to do weights at home watching Fitness Blender
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    It definitely is super September... I’m flying to Oz tomorrow ✈️🇦🇺
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,922 Member
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    It definitely is super September... I’m flying to Oz tomorrow ✈️🇦🇺

Have a great trip!!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    I’ve been in Oz 4 days now. It’s a beautiful country. Enormous compared to the uk. The weather is lovely too,
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I’d love to visit. My daughter and her man were there for a couple years while she got her masters in Protected Area Management. We wanted to visit while they were there, but since daddy paid for the masters and flew her home one Christmas, the extra coin wasn’t there. She’s worth every cent of it though. She’s working for an environmental group and making positive changes in our province.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    I’d love to visit. My daughter and her man were there for a couple years while she got her masters in Protected Area Management. We wanted to visit while they were there, but since daddy paid for the masters and flew her home one Christmas, the extra coin wasn’t there. She’s worth every cent of it though. She’s working for an environmental group and making positive changes in our province.

We brought our two sons with us to the Gold Coast. It’s an expensive holiday. But worth being with my boys.
    Daddies always end up paying for the kids. We constantly out of pocket.. but it’s worth every penny as you say Farback.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    iizv4r7epsg7.jpeg
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Love the picture! I am getting ready for a trip too. My 1st cruise. However the story of the month is getting the better of my new scale. I had thought I had lost 10 pounds with my old scale which is wise under the circumstances of facing all the cruise food. Then it totally failed and the new one said I was 10 pounds heavier so that loss wasn't real?! Every time I got on the new scale it would go up a pound. I stopped that and have gotten it to go in the right direction. I am now down to where I generally weighed with my old scale but not at the low of what I thought I had lost. So I am working on that this week.

Only one more Aquafit class before leaving. Last week I had a 2 day conference where they spoiled us with wonderful breakfasts, lunches and snacks. So getting down this weekend is something. Next week should be busy but that can sometimes not be good for eating right. Need to get down as much as I can before leaving.

Generally I do aquafit 3 days a week. I used to do interval runs too but my Dr said no more with knee issues. So I try to walk the other days. I just got a glider for those days this winter walking will be hard with dark nights and cold weather. I plan to walk the boat everyday and do as much aquafitness as the small pools allow. There will be walking when we are in port too. I plan to up my step goal on fitbit quite a bit. I want to add weight training in a day or 2 a week. Aquafit has quite a bit of resistance work but I feel like I still need to do more.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,239 Member
    Options
    KeriA wrote: »
    I had thought I had lost 10 pounds with my old scale....<snip>....Then it totally failed and the new one said I was 10 pounds heavier so that loss wasn't real

Do you have easy access to a balance or other scale that you KNOW is correct? My office has one. When I want to check my scale, I weigh myself with clothes, shoes, and whatever I'll be wearing in the office just before I leave my house, then weigh on the balance at work to make sure the numbers matched. I believe my scale shows about a pound heavier than actual. I bought a new scale because the button for the body composition analysis on my scale is getting temperamental. The new scale showed that I was a few pounds lighter, and it did that consistently. I tested them both; the new scale shows about two pounds lighter than actual.

I returned the new scale, but only partially because the weight wasn't accurate. It was hard to read the other numbers. I will still replace my old scale, but want to find a good one that won't break the bank. I don't know why, but I want one that is not only precise (0.2 pounds is good enough for me), but also accurate!